PDA

View Full Version : Had pre-registration vist - need some advice

loopylou
11-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Hi I dont know if anyone out there can help me at all but maybe you can . I had my pre - registration vist today and i met all the critera and house passed thats not the problem the problem is , about five years ago i left my kids father due to going through D.V and went to a place of saftey with my two children , the thing is my ex-partner the kids dad made my life a living hell by make false allegations to the local social services these we're all un true and the local social services done nothing about them . but now they have come up in light of my ofsted application apparently ofsted have a traffic light system for these red,amber,and green . unfortunatly they have put mine under red has ever had the same problem cause i'm now really worried that my registration will be turned down can anyone offer any advice of has anyone been in the same boat . im going out of my mind with worry as i have wanted for so long to become a childminder .

thanks for your help

sarah707
12-05-2009, 06:46 AM
Sorry you are going through this it's not fair.

Unfortunately nobody knows what Ofsted will do until they do it.

I can only wish you luck :group hug:

FizzysFriends
12-05-2009, 06:53 AM
I had the same as in the false allegations by DD dad. I didn't know about the traffic light system though so have no idea what mine fell under. It did show up though because I was asked at my pre-reg if he ever came here or was in DD's life so im guessing SS made it clear they thought he was causing trouble.

geordiebunny
12-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Thanks for asking this question I have a similar problem with husbands ex wife and step sons but the way I am looking at it is that social services are happy and the cases were all closed against me as they could see she was just looking to try and get me into trouble.
Good luck with your ofsted visit let me know how it goes.

Daddy Day Care
12-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Sorry loopy no advice for you, but I really hope this gets sorted out for you

Best of Luck

Gareth
xx

loopylou
12-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Hi to all those wonderful people who replyed to my question , and thanks for the wishes of luck . i do hope that i get the go ahead to be a childminder . I will keep you all informed so please come back here and check i will post any news as soon as i hear some
thanks once again. :)

Toothfairy
14-05-2009, 08:45 AM
Fingers crossed for you, sending a big hug :group hug:

loopylou
27-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi to all . i got it im now registered childminder i got my cert yesterday i cant belive it . i was starting to tink that i would not get it as it took so long . cant wait to start work now yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :) :) :)

mama2three
27-08-2009, 01:01 PM
thats brilliant news loopy. well-done , and good luck with finding mindees x

AliceK
27-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Hi
Just to say that I spoke to Ofsted about an hour ago (yet again) to chase some things with them and the inspector spoke to me about the traffic light system (what a coincidence). It sounds like everything they deal with goes on the computer under a traffic light system from red thro to green. She went through the list with me reading out to me what was now on green and what was still on red. So just saying that because this issue with you and SS is on red it just means they still have their checks to do before they can progress it to green. Hope this helps.
xxx