PDA

View Full Version : On a Positive Note

mrsslosh
11-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Yippeee, Feeling very positive and upbeat today!

I have completed my pre-registation session and am now booked onto a DHC 1 course every Thursday in June, filled out the forms for my First Aid and picked my preferred dates, Ordered my EYFS pack, Next up is to get the CRB underway, does anybody know how this process is done, where do I go to get the check done?

Then the exciting bit getting the house sorted, it is pretty much okay as I have 3 children of my own but will need a bit of tweeking for Ofsted's standards, now I need to research research research for the EYFS :clapping:

After all this (if I qualify) there will be the small matter of getting some mindees through the door and proving that I am the one they want over the other 11 childminders with spaces in my village :eek:

huggableshelly
11-05-2009, 09:50 AM
ooh sounds like you are well on the way

i've no idea how long crbs take now but have seen some people have waited months :(

good luck with the rest of your registration process xxx

Daftbat
11-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Sounds like you are almost sorted - congrats on finishing pre reg course:thumbsup:

Zoomie
11-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Great to read your uplighting post. Makes me feel better already. :)

Anyhow, if you are in England, you need to submit your application to Ofsted, who will then send out your CRB forms. You will need to keep these until inspector visits to inspect, s/he will verify your identity and then send them off to CRB.

If you are in Scotland or Wales, you'll have to wait for someone to advise cos I know the process is differnet

ORKSIE
11-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Glad it is all moving forward for you, CRB, not sure:rolleyes:
Good Luck:thumbsup:

Toothfairy
11-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Good luck :thumbsup:

mrsslosh
11-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Great to read your uplighting post. Makes me feel better already. :)

Anyhow, if you are in England, you need to submit your application to Ofsted, who will then send out your CRB forms. You will need to keep these until inspector visits to inspect, s/he will verify your identity and then send them off to CRB.

If you are in Scotland or Wales, you'll have to wait for someone to advise cos I know the process is differnet

Thanks for that Zoomie x It makes sense now as my husband has some forms to fill out from Ofsted. Do you know if I have to have finished the DHC course before I send the Ofsted forms back?

Adiamond
11-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Good luck you seem pretty organised already :clapping:
You have to complete the dhc course within 6 months of registration.x x x

Nix
11-05-2009, 08:46 PM
What a happy post! Good luck with the remainder of the process...:thumbsup:

Demonjill
12-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Good luck, you seem to be whizzing along so far.:thumbsup: