PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

Gizmo
10-05-2009, 02:13 PM
I have wee girl starting with me 2 afternoons a week in August, I met her mum yesterday and she asked if I would be able to pick her older daughter from school on the Thursday and take her to her after school club at the library I really dont know if I want to do this as it will restrict my numbers and I also wouldnt know how to charge for it. The only plus side is that my own dd can start the club after the holidays so I could take her as well.
What do you think ??

sarah707
10-05-2009, 02:53 PM
She has probably put the older child in the club to save money but she needs someone to do the taking...

If I'm reading it right you are being used.

I'd think twice if I were you :(

ORKSIE
10-05-2009, 03:01 PM
I would think twice.
You need to be able to take on children for longer periods and this may restrict you as you say:)

FizzysFriends
10-05-2009, 04:09 PM
May be tell her you will do it until you are full, as long as she understands when you take on someone else you will stop taking her DD. That will give her a chance to sort out permanant arrangments.

ORKSIE
10-05-2009, 04:31 PM
May be tell her you will do it until you are full, as long as she understands when you take on someone else you will stop taking her DD. That will give her a chance to sort out permanant arrangments.

I think thats a very good idea:thumbsup:
So long as mum is happy with that:)

Gizmo
10-05-2009, 06:12 PM
her fil takes the lo just now but I dont think he is happy about it, I wouldnt even be picking her back up as the lady who takes the club lives next door to them and takes the girl home. She is also pregnant again and asked if I would be able to take her new baby, shes not even due until Nov does she want me to hold a place for a year:( think she maybe just wants a nanny to run about after her, she has said she will get me to look after her dd when she is on mat leave but I dont think I will hold my breath for this one:panic:

FizzysFriends
10-05-2009, 06:16 PM
I would try and be flexible on this one if there is a potential for a baby too. I wouldn't be holding any spaces but will be telling the mom you will be happy to have the baby if the space is there and helping with the older one until you are full. You could apply minimum hours for it so its worth your while.

westbrom44
10-05-2009, 06:20 PM
If it was convenient for me to do so, I would charge a minimum of 2 hours for the school age child.

All of my afterschool children pay a minimum charge of 2 hours, otherwise it isnt worth doing.

I have a child who is only with me for between 5-30 minutes, as mum has to pick up a sibling from a different school, and I still charge for 2 hours.