PDA

View Full Version : Got my first enquiry coming tomorrow - some questions

Miriam
10-05-2009, 09:55 AM
I have a lady coming to see me who wants a childminder from August for a little boy who will be just over 1 and his sister who is 3. He would be full time :eek: and the little girl would be part time so I would really love to have them both. I have chatted to the mum on the phone but didnt ask what she does or anything, but I do know she has used a childminder before for the little girl.

I have been really chilled about it as I have been doing alot of nannying in the area and have some lovely people that have said how good I am with children which I think has lulled me into a false sense of security.

But I am a bit worried that I havent done enough to prepare for the visit. FOr instance I can't really think what toys I am going to give the little boy to play with (baring in mind he is only 10 months now)?

Also I havent done all my policies etc as I know it is a few months until I will be registered and I have been busy trying to do my website (and spending about an hour each day checking the CRB tracking thingy :) ) and also nannying!

I thought for the initial visit I would spend time playing with the children, chatting with mum about what she would like in terms of hours, and the childrens routine, and show her around the house. I will also have my portfolio with references and certificates out for her to look at and explain that it is not the finished article - Do you all think that is the best thing to do?

Any advice on what 10 months old boys play with?

Does anyone charge for materials/entrance fees to music clubs etc? I was thinking of doing a termly charge of say £15 or something on top of an hourly fee - cos if I am going to take two children to music group and cookery then that is going to be over £10 a week gone already!

Thanks

Oh and please wish me luck I could really do with the mum deciding to use me! :thumbsup:

chewy sweets
10-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Good luck with the visit. Hope all goes well and you get the work. Possibly have some rattles or teething toys and soft toys for the 10 month old to play with. Possibly a push along toy if he's found his feet.
Hope this helps. Good luck:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
10-05-2009, 01:56 PM
How about getting some wooden bowls out and letting him tap away on them - doing him up a treasure basket.
Pots and pans to bang on

I generally include in my fees routine places we go to visit like music group, toddler etc. Any larger scale outings I inform parents of and ask them to pay.

good luck you will be fine

Zoomie
10-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Think what others have suggested will be fine.

Just wanted to say good luck and I am sure everything will be fine.

xx

ORKSIE
10-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Good Luck for tomorrow:thumbsup:

ChristineF
10-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Good luck for tomorrow, my wee girl is 10 months old and she likes building blocks, rattles, anything that lights up and plays music etc.

Hope it goes well tomorrow :) :)

jibberjitz
10-05-2009, 05:57 PM
I agree with the others suggestions and hope it goes well tomorrow - let us know :thumbsup:

Demonjill
10-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Good luck :thumbsup:

I agree a wee treasure basket would be fab. Shows you have put a bit of thought into it.:thumbsup:

Miriam
10-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone! Have cleaned and got the baby toys down from the loft (oh and cleaned them as well) so hopefully the lady will turn up and be happy with everything that I can offer!!! :eek: