PDA

View Full Version : all the small things

louloudi
08-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Do you note down all the little things? for example today....

Went to coffee morning ... first time I obs child interacting with babies
Went to park.....loved the swings
played with rainbow rice.....(did obs on this as child was concertrating intently)
went out on bike....liked steering to change direction
got the hover out.....child played for ages turning it on and off and hoovering up the rice.

Im just concerning that during the day children experience all these little wonders yet if I was to record everything I would be there forever. My main concern would be how I demonstrate all these fabs bits to Ofsted???

Any ideas? What do others do?

michellethegooner
08-05-2009, 03:01 PM
tbh since you have observed them & have typed them here I would write them up doesn't have to be anything special just like you have done here & pop them in folder.

I obs lots on a daily basis and if it was a first i.e first time obs interacting with babies, that would definatly go in

jaz
08-05-2009, 03:25 PM
I saw the thread tittle and thought you were talking about the tv program:blush: :blush: :blush:

J
x

ps my name is Jaz and I'm a tv addict

Daftbat
08-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Its nice to write up the things you have mentioned for mum to read in the daily diary. Everything doesn't have to be treated as a full observation its just an account of the day. If the child does something really good as part of these things then i would use that as an observation.

I use coloured stickers to show the 6 learning areas and stick them in the margins of the daily diary to highlight that i know how the child is learning. Ofsted really liked that last time. (Its a good game to play with parents too - see how long it takes them to ask what the stickers are for!) Don't leave it too long before explaining though!