PDA

View Full Version : Inspection Today-Didn't know about the Risk assessments!

ilovetoast
07-05-2009, 05:53 PM
I wasn't aware that we had to do risk assments for every single outing we took, and although I had a network risk assessment in place, So the inspector pulled me up on that today!
I still got graded 'good', but had I got those she said I would have got an outstanding for that category.

ORKSIE
07-05-2009, 09:42 PM
I got pulled up on that too and got an action on my report for it, this was in oct 08!

sarah707
08-05-2009, 06:41 AM
Well done for getting good!

At least you have an easy action point! There are lots of useful websites and info about Risk assessments.

Have a good nosey round the forum... I have put some ideas on my new website (link below) ... there are sample forms on www.bromleycma.org.uk... you are in the right place for helpful people...

Happy risk assessment writing :D

huggableshelly
08-05-2009, 06:43 AM
well done on your inspection, Ofsted will always find something to pick on.

Nix
08-05-2009, 06:48 AM
Well done on your inspection.:clapping: As huggableshelly said there'll always be something!!

ORKSIE
08-05-2009, 06:51 AM
By the way well done on your "Good" im sorry i read your post and didnt read it properly:blush:
:clapping: :clapping:

miffy
08-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Congratulations on your good - hope you've got your risk assessments sorted now

Miffy xx

Demonjill
08-05-2009, 07:14 AM
Well done getting a good thats fab:thumbsup:

nell57
08-05-2009, 07:29 AM
Well done on your inspection:clapping:

I got pulled up on this too. I had done RA for quite few outings, but hadn't done one for one regular one we take. Had it as a action on my report that I had to do within 2 weeks. I was kicking myself, because I knew I had to do it and had completely overlooked it:doh:

ilovetoast
08-05-2009, 04:40 PM
I just wish I had known about those dreaded risk assessments, it's soooo boring just even thinking about them.... in my spare time I just want to go round all the shops not think about any of it.........

Lily Grace
13-05-2009, 12:08 PM
I was marked down for not doing a risk assessment of my garden. My own little girl slipped on my patio in front of the inspector and she told me I had moss on my patio and I should clean it!! I still got a "good" which I am pleased with. It is my understanding from the inspector that you need to do a daily written RA of your garden and house.

sparkibobs
27-05-2009, 03:26 PM
I was the same when I was inspected in Sept 08. I only had an overall risk assessment and after being inspected I have a full file of risk assessments!!:D
I believe, we all do these risk assessments every day, we just didn't write them down and that's what Ofsted want to see.
x

Chatterbox Childcare
27-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Well done on your good. At least that is it for another 3 years.

littletreasures
27-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Well done on getting a good inspection :clapping: :clapping:

Allie
27-05-2009, 04:30 PM
At least you still got a good, so well done

Allie

Playmate
27-05-2009, 05:52 PM
I was marked down for not doing a risk assessment of my garden. My own little girl slipped on my patio in front of the inspector and she told me I had moss on my patio and I should clean it!! I still got a "good" which I am pleased with. It is my understanding from the inspector that you need to do a daily written RA of your garden and house.

OMG is nature not allowed to live in our gardens? They have been on the TV today about not wrapping children in cotton wool, and we are being asked to clean moss!!! :angry:
Congratualations on the Good
I'm going back to write some more RA's:laughing:

hollybritten
27-05-2009, 06:31 PM
what does it mean by every outing we take the children, I have a uniform one for like the supermarket and park, and other things. But do you have to do one for each thing like blah blah farm or blah blah soft play centre or blah blah cinema?!?! Is that what they mean?!

huggableshelly
27-05-2009, 07:03 PM
what does it mean by every outing we take the children, I have a uniform one for like the supermarket and park, and other things. But do you have to do one for each thing like blah blah farm or blah blah soft play centre or blah blah cinema?!?! Is that what they mean?!

yes!

risk assess everywhere ....... I've done one today as I went out to school for a fun day .. same trip i always make but different children and different routine as the children remained in my care at all times rather than me handing over to a member of staff.

SandCastles
11-06-2009, 07:41 PM
yes!

risk assess everywhere ....... I've done one today as I went out to school for a fun day .. same trip i always make but different children and different routine as the children remained in my care at all times rather than me handing over to a member of staff.

Sorry to butt in - could you or anyone let me have a copy of one of your RA I have never written one before and even though I have checked out some web sites I am still confused, maybe seeing a real one will help. :blush: :o

wellybelly
11-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Well done on your grading :clapping:

Theres a really good risk assessment for outings on this website
http://www.southglos.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/469C8F24-72F8-46AE-BA4D-7ABBF1854DED/0/CYP090021.pdf

I use this as its very comprehensive.

I was pulled up by my EYDO about my "routine outings". This is things like going to the shops, the library, walking round the block. They either need to be so specific or done individually every time I leave the house. Cant win can we.

There are lots of information in here too
http://www.southglos.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/012C965D-047A-4E79-90A9-9883D3DAF0CC/0/CYP090022.pdf

nannymcflea
29-06-2009, 07:55 PM
How can one childminder get a good when not having a RA in place in their garden when a CM i know got an outstanding and didn't have one on her garden?

Consistant?...my A**E

nannymcflea
29-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Sorry, many congratulations on your grading, well done you.:clapping: :clapping: