PDA

View Full Version : EYFS Courses through Morton Michel

pinklady756
07-05-2009, 10:06 AM
I've just discovered that Morton Michel have EYFS training listed in the shop section. It's courses on CD-ROM that covers:

An introduction to the EYFS

Effective Key Persons

Partnership with Parents

Observing Effectively

Explore, Plain and Learn

Creating and Enabling the Learning Environment

Creativity and Connections

Staying Safe and Healthy

Supporting Inclusive Practice

As someone who is pre-reg and wants to get as prepared as possible I'm very interested in this and wonder if anyone else has any experience of it. Would be great to hear how you got on.

I've yet to complete the Childminding Training (starts the end of the month) but don't believe that EYFS is covered in detail, the specific EYFS training in this area is aimed at those with Level 3 qualification already, so doesn't help those of us starting out.

sarah707
07-05-2009, 10:46 AM
There is a huge amount of information available about the Eyfs which is free or costs very little money.

There should also be local Eyfs training... I would ring your people and check when the next courses are.

You're not in a rush if you've not been on the pre-reg yet.

hth :D

pinklady756
07-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks for your reply. :)

I'm waiting to hear back from local Early Years Team as the training guide says the EYFS training they offer is only for those with Level 3 qualification already. I'm hoping there is something that I can do as otherewise I would need to spend 9/12 months completing Diploma or NVQ beforehand, when I really want to focus on EYFS first.

I think I'd talked myself out of the course anyway, have ordered a book on putting EYFS into practice which should get me started at least.

vickylou
08-05-2009, 05:42 PM
I have just completed the EYFS Level 3 certificate, I started it straight away after completing my NVQ Level 3. I personally found having the experience of doing the NVQ invaluable, there were many people on the course who had no other childare qualifications and they really struggled.

The NVQ does have a section on observations etc, and this does cover the EYFS, this new certificate goes more in depth though and is being used as a 'Top up' to the NVQ.