PDA

View Full Version : 60 days and still......

Minstrel
07-05-2009, 09:41 AM
WAITING!!!! :angry: :angry:

CRB have now had my application for 60 days and I am still waiting! I have been so unlucky with my application - its been more than a year now and i just want to be reg'd so I can start working!

Have just called Ofsted and lady says they can escalate my check now that it has been so long but to be honest I dont know what good it will do? Surely it's waiting for someone to do the check and if they haven't had the time so far then they aren't suddenly going to have time and get on with it.

Anyone else in this situation?

Miriam
07-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Oh poor you!!!! I am waiting too for the CRB checks, but have only just started waiting for this part. There seems to be so much waiting involved in this process and I cant help thinking that there must be some other way that would be fairer on us prospective childminders.

I REALLY hope that they escalate your application. I have one going through as well for some nursery work that I was supposed to be doing while I was waiting for my registration, and yep you guessed it my application for that is also sitting on a police station desk somewhere waiting. I have just spoken to them as well and it is 60 days for that at the end of the week, so they told me to call them again on Monday and they will look into it. I can't help but worry the same thing is going to happen with my Ofsted CRB's as well.

I guess just keep ringing and ringing them and hope that they get it sorted out. Thats gonna be my plan anyway. I wish they would understand that this is our livelihoods that we are doing this for.

GOOD LUCK and lets keep each other posted!! :(

Beckieboo
07-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Hi there,
I am still waiting, not aslong as you but still waiting!! My CRB came through within two weeks but its my partners we are waiting for and its so frustrating. I spoke to ofsted yesterday and they wont chase it until sixty days!!:angry:
I have two families waiting and i want to earn some pennies, it is driving me potty! Just:angry: seem to spend my life :angry: waiting for others at the moment!!

Hopefully it wont be too long now for either of us!!:laughing:

Fingers crossed!!

huggableshelly
07-05-2009, 09:52 AM
wow such a long wait that is crazy!

hope it gets sorted real soon xxx

Miriam
07-05-2009, 09:54 AM
We wait and wait and wait ........

But still at least when we are eventually looking after lo's we will have so much patience with all this practice waiting lol :)

angeldelight
07-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Seems like you have been waiting forever

Fingers crossed something happens soon

Angel xx

Tatjana
07-05-2009, 12:13 PM
There clearly is no system that they follow....how can mine have been done in 5 weeks yet hubbys took 4 months?? Doesn't make any sense.

When i phoned the police to as what was happening, they said 'oh i'll put a note on it for someone to start work on it' ***?????????????????? Obviously it was just sat there gathering dust:angry:

xx

misst104
07-05-2009, 12:25 PM
It is SO FRUSTRATING isn't it :mad: :mad: :mad:

I really hope that they pull their fingers out and get the CRB's to you VERY SOON!

xxx

Zoomie
07-05-2009, 12:28 PM
60 days ..... I would be ranting my head off.

You have the patience of a saint.

Hope the escalation yields results soon

:group hug:

Adiamond
07-05-2009, 12:46 PM
I have been waiting soooo long too :angry: my 60 days are up next week BUT I have just rang the police disclosure dept and a lovely young man said that I have been waiting far too long and he will get it done asap :clapping:
I will believe it when I see it LOL
I finish work on monday (redundency) Ofsted and everyone know this but nobody can hurry all this along it is soo frustrating and I have missed out on soo many mindees :angry:
Anyway keep smiling everyone because if I don't I will cry!!!!!!!! x x x :)

Minstrel
07-05-2009, 01:03 PM
I have been waiting soooo long too :angry: my 60 days are up next week BUT I have just rang the police disclosure dept and a lovely young man said that I have been waiting far too long and he will get it done asap :clapping:
I will believe it when I see it LOL
I finish work on monday (redundency) Ofsted and everyone know this but nobody can hurry all this along it is soo frustrating and I have missed out on soo many mindees :angry:
Anyway keep smiling everyone because if I don't I will cry!!!!!!!! x x x :)

i said this all to the lady on the phone this morning. I was made redundant in january and NEED to start working before we go bankrupt! I told her i wasnt joking and she said she'd put a note on my file.

yes, a note on my file will pay the bills!

Adiamond
07-05-2009, 01:54 PM
OMG they just aren't bothered are they???:angry:
I have just had a call back from the police and she said they will get it done next week for me!!!!
Have you rung your police? you never know it might push them along a bit :)
I have been sat here for ages now going through the long list of places to advertise because I need people waiting for me when I finally get my certificate.
Good luck x x x

emler
07-05-2009, 03:26 PM
:eek: what a nightmare time to have to wait! I hope they pull the finger out really soon.

Demonjill
07-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Sorry to hear this Minstrel. Its been going on ages I honestly thought you were registered.lol
fingers x it all happens soon for you :)

Minstrel
07-05-2009, 03:48 PM
OMG they just aren't bothered are they???:angry:
I have just had a call back from the police and she said they will get it done next week for me!!!!
Have you rung your police? you never know it might push them along a bit :)
I have been sat here for ages now going through the long list of places to advertise because I need people waiting for me when I finally get my certificate.
Good luck x x x

Who did you call at the police? My OH is a PC and even he doesnt have a clue who to contact!

pinklady
07-05-2009, 06:02 PM
My CRB took forever too but as soon as it reached 60 days and the letter was sent to the police for the final check it was through in no time.

They received the letter on a friday and it was done by the monday. Amazing what they can do when they put their minds to it!:angry:

Hope yours is through asap.

pinklady756
07-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Gareth - if you visit the CRB website, there is a link 'Track your application'

You'll need your Applicant Form Reference and date of birth. But don't worry if you didn't make a note of it before sending off the form (I didn't) you can telephone and they'll be able to give you the information you need.

diz01
10-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Hi

My CRB took 3 months to go through I chased it every 2 weeks and it finally came through on Thursday so now I am starting to advertise, fingers crossed I will get some calls soon. OFSTED did say that mine was taking a surprisingly long time, I was starting to get paranoid thinking I had a dark past that i had forgotten about ha ha don;t worry it will come through soon