PDA

View Full Version : im not sure

disney
10-02-2008, 06:23 PM
If you have child that you pick up from school at 3 .20 every night 4 nights a week and mum picks up at x2 5pms and x1 6pm and x1 5.30pm , howdo you charge an hourly rate ? should she pay up to 5.20 for the actual whole hour . hope you can understand what i mean oh i dont know confussed i am:panic: :panic:

sarah707
10-02-2008, 06:28 PM
I would charge from the time you set off to collect, not the time the child comes out of school...

So from 3pm - 5pm x 2, 3pm - 5.30pm x 1 etc... that will make it easier to add up

You could either work out an average week and charge that, or do it at an hourly rate. Just make sure you don't do yourself short ... if parent is consistently late to collect and you've charged an average weekly amount, you will soon be out of pocket and resentful :D

deeb66
10-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Some people charge for every full or part hour - so you would charge for the whole hour

I charge for every full or part half hour.....so if she picked up at 5.20 I would charge for 5.30

Hope that helps

tulip0803
10-02-2008, 06:50 PM
I charge by half hours so that would be 3-5, 3-5.30, 3-6 providing that they were actually out the door by the contracted collect time - If it was 5.10 then that would then be overtime which I charge more for, I started to do this as I had people that used to want to talk, sometimes for ages and I am still working all the time they are on my premises. If they are collected early then I still sharge for the contracted hours.
Lots of people charge for the full hour and do not break it down. It is your personal preference.

Julia XX

flora
10-02-2008, 07:03 PM
After schoolers are a bit of a poblem aren' t they?? I do an after school session from 3pm -6pm. They can use all or some of it and this seems to work ok, no complaints so far. I have one mum who pays till 6pm and regularly picks up at 4.30pm !! It wouldn't be worth the hassle just for that 1.5hrs. If this doesn't suit, charge to the nearest half hour, as previously said and work out an average. Best of luck! I hate talking money with my lot is always seems awkward :blush: , just me being daft really :laughing:

Twinkles
10-02-2008, 07:42 PM
I hate talking money with my lot is always seems awkward :blush: , just me being daft really :laughing:[/QUOTE]

I hate talking money with them too!
I charge a flat fee for after schoolers and that covers them 'till six. If they choose not to use all of that time it's up to them.

LittleMissSparkles
10-02-2008, 07:46 PM
I agree with Dee I do the same xxx

manjay
10-02-2008, 07:57 PM
I charge from when they come out of school as I am not making a special journey. I am picking my child up at the same time and will be going to this school for probably the next 10 years!! (God that's scarey). I charge a minimum of 2 hours a day so they pay from 3:15 to 5:15 even though mum usually picks them up before that. I round up to the next half hour so if she picked up at 5:20 I would charge another half hour. I was thinking of charging a flat fee until 6pm but then decided that might encourage some parents to leave their children with me even if they didn't need to :laughing:

amanda xx