PDA

View Full Version : have I got this right?

Moominmomma
05-05-2009, 07:29 PM
I have a daily diary that I write in what we have done during the day, i.e went to feed the ducks, LO ate all his lunch, had a sleep etc. Which goes home to parents.

Then I have a learning journal where I put in photos, observations and next steps in.

And a planning file, with plans in etc..

Does anyone have a reflective diary of their own where they write how activities went, what to plan for next?

Is there anything else I need?

Mouse
05-05-2009, 07:54 PM
I have a daily diary that I write in what we have done during the day, i.e went to feed the ducks, LO ate all his lunch, had a sleep etc. Which goes home to parents.

Then I have a learning journal where I put in photos, observations and next steps in.

And a planning file, with plans in etc..

Does anyone have a reflective diary of their own where they write how activities went, what to plan for next?

Is there anything else I need?

I have pretty much the same as you.

I have:

daily diaries,

learning journals which contain pictures, photos, observations & individual planning,

a monthly & weekly planning file and

a file that has planned themes & a list of activities we could do related to them, more details of the activities (equipment needed, how I would adjust the activity to make it inclusive, what areas it would cover) and a review of the activities that we've done (how it worked, changes I'd make, how I could expand it, ages of children involved etc).

jeanybeany
05-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Sounds like you are doing pretty much everything to me. I keep a daily diary for myself, so you could keep notes in something like that!!!! :)

sarah707
05-05-2009, 08:15 PM
I have my own daily diary... I feel it's important as a reference for where we've been and general idea of what we've done.

I keep it very brief! :D

KAZBAZ55
24-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Sounds good.
I'm just pre registering & it doesn't seem as confusing now that you have listed the different bits & what goes in each one.
Karen x

I have pretty much the same as you.

I have:

daily diaries,

learning journals which contain pictures, photos, observations & individual planning,

a monthly & weekly planning file and

a file that has planned themes & a list of activities we could do related to them, more details of the activities (equipment needed, how I would adjust the activity to make it inclusive, what areas it would cover) and a review of the activities that we've done (how it worked, changes I'd make, how I could expand it, ages of children involved etc).