PDA

View Full Version : My First Day!! I am shattered !!!

Chanelle
05-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Well first day of childminding is over and I am shattered !! Even though I work with children during the morning in a nursery, I am absolutely pooped after 2 hours after school !

They are lovely 'Lively' children and I have definitely earned my cash today!

I had 2 children (siblings) Girl age 7, Boy age 5. For 2 hrs after school. Plus my 2 children.

We had a fruit snack, played and had fun, talked about rules, what achievements we will have for a gift out of the treasure box ! Played in the garden, with the craft stuff, played football .... deep breathe .... Had instruments, danced, played hide and seek ...

They were hungry and wanted to stay for dinner but Mum had already agreed she would feed once home.

Little Sister came to collect them and clung to the swing and refused to leave!! She is due to start in Sept!!

We all had a great time and are looking forward to tomorrow! ...

.......That is after I have had a very early night to recouperate ready for tomorrow !!!

ChristineF
05-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Hi Wendy,

Sounds like you've been busy! :eek: Glad your first day went so well.

Now you can put your feet up and have a well deserved rest! :laughing:

estrelas
05-05-2009, 07:14 PM
That fab, you don't get any less tired btw :laughing: :laughing: i am totally worn out today :blush:

Well done x

emler
05-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Sounds like a great first day :thumbsup:

Demonjill
05-05-2009, 07:36 PM
You managed to squeeze loads in to your 2 hours lol:clapping:

Hope its just as much fun tomorrow(but maybe not as tiring)

jibberjitz
05-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Glad it went well :clapping:

Gizmo
05-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Glad it went well, you will sleep well tonight :laughing:

julie w
05-05-2009, 08:01 PM
I've had three children after school all trying to 'trump' on each others heads! I don't know what ofsted would make of that, or whether to note it in my observations for the day lol. The joys of children.x.:blush:

Tatjana
05-05-2009, 08:41 PM
LOL! Glad to hear it was good even though you're shattered!

xx

TheBTeam
05-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Glad you have had a good day, i have just upped my numbers of after schoolers, after a long lull with just one easy quiet one! I know what you mean about being exhausted, i haven't really had to be that involved in their games, but just keeping an eye, stopping dangerous over excited bits and persuading them that they do want to go home and the noise, leaves me exhausted!!!:laughing:

Curly Quavers
05-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Well done sounds like really good fun in your house :D :D

Zoomie
06-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Wow, you squeezed a lot in in two hours :eek: .

Well done, and roll on day two .............. :laughing: :laughing:

Cazz
06-05-2009, 08:44 PM
We had a fruit snack, played and had fun, talked about rules, what achievements we will have for a gift out of the treasure box ! Played in the garden, with the craft stuff, played football .... deep breathe .... Had instruments, danced, played hide and seek ...

You're not Granny Murray in disguise are you?!!:laughing:

Glad you had a good first day with your mindees. Hope today was just as good.

Carole x

estrelas
06-05-2009, 08:46 PM
I've had three children after school all trying to 'trump' on each others heads! I don't know what ofsted would make of that, or whether to note it in my observations for the day lol. The joys of children.x.:blush:

:laughing: :laughing:

Chanelle
07-05-2009, 07:44 PM
You're not Granny Murray in disguise are you?!!:laughing:

Glad you had a good first day with your mindees. Hope today was just as good.

Carole x

'Me too' is great !! I would like to think I am but dont have a Claude !!!

Buzz Lightyear
07-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Wowzers, what a lot to cram into two hours!! No wonder you're tired.... :eek: