PDA

View Full Version : so annoyed not allowed to send reg off yet

geordiebunny
05-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Finally got through to person i need to speak with about my ofsted reg papers and she said i can't send off my reg until i have done my first aid which isn't until 6 & 20 june. And the council team won't come for a visit until then either, they need to come to let me claim back my registration fees as a grant only thing lancashire do give you, so annoyed house is kitted out am doing my workshops now on 3rd have my menus and policies in place risk assessments done apart from local petting farm planning permission letter from council saying i don't need it permission from neighbours and landlord food safety certificate awarded. I can already anticipate a delay in my application because of my 16 year olds trouble with the law, nothing major just about to receive an official caution but still won't be straight forward knowing ofsted.
I have all toys, ethnic, religious and the rest displays ready for art work and even 2 enquiries now.
:angry:
Sorry just can't believe it and had to get it off my chest.

estrelas
05-05-2009, 07:16 PM
The waiting is a total nightmare, but at least when its all done you will have everything completely ready!

When are you likely to start?

sarah707
05-05-2009, 07:23 PM
It's common to make people wait nowadays I'm afraid and probably nothing to do with your dd.

In Cheshire they make people do their First aid and all the ICP before giving them their Ofsted papers.

Apparently it's to stop time wasters... nothing like tarring everyone with the same brush is there? :rolleyes:

I hope the time goes quickly for you :D

jibberjitz
05-05-2009, 07:47 PM
It does get frustrating!!!! But its worth it in the end :thumbsup:

Tatjana
05-05-2009, 08:44 PM
I know how you feel...it all seems to be about waiting:(

After nearly 8 months i finally got my certificate last week....but of course i now have to WAIT to get on the ************* website:angry:

xx

TheBTeam
05-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Hopefully not too much longer too wait, try and enjoy the time before you start and make the most of it, soon you will be so busy you will long for the quieter times!!:laughing: :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
05-05-2009, 09:26 PM
I would send them in. By the time they come and see you, you will have your first aid done. Then afterwards call the council for the grant refund.

The children in your house over 16 will be checked for suitability to be with under 8's and nothing else will be mentioned by the CRB check.

Adiamond
06-05-2009, 08:59 AM
Hi,this is the most long winded thing I have ever done in my life :angry:
I started the ball rolling on this, back in October last year and I am still not registered.You just have to sit and wait and wait and wait I am afraid, there is nothing you can do to hurry them along,I have lost out on so many mindees it's unbelievable!!!! sorry if this isn't what you want to hear I am in a moany mood and sooo frustrated about it all as I just want to get going now....:)
x x x

geordiebunny
06-05-2009, 10:44 AM
thanks guys love this place so much useful information and friendly people guess i just have to wait and wait some more. booked my visit with council they coming on 17th june and been told by mentor that have to wait until after 20th to send papers off guess i can just keep reading up on everything and much to hubby's annoyance buy more things for childminding if it all goes belly up at least will make a killing on ebay and car boot