PDA

View Full Version : end of this tax year.

kelly76x
10-02-2008, 02:11 PM
hi another question sorry to be a pain i am going to see if i can get on a course about all this i know my early years do one but in the mean time do i have to do all that tax return stuff this april? i only started january this year so i'm presuming i will do it next April am i right?
who ever said being a childminder was easy lol i'm having to learn so many new things about tax and stuff lol

deeb66
10-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Yes.

In April you have to do your tax return for 2007-2008. Yours will only be for January - April 2008.

You do have until 31 January 2009 to get it submitted.

word of advice.....don't do what I usually do and leave it until the last minute!!

Tily Bud
10-02-2008, 02:14 PM
As far as im aware you will have to do it this April x

I started minding in the Jan and on that Aprils tax return i had to fill in two section one for my self employed earnings and one for my employed earnings even though i had already paid tax on these x

Hope this helps xx

kelly76x
10-02-2008, 02:37 PM
oops well as for the self assesment forms do they get sent out to you? or do i have to get thm from somewhere.

and one more thing ( really sorry) i wasent registered until oct 07 but i have been buying things since last June which i have put in my accounts book also, so everything is showing as a loss as i only started minding 3 weeks ago is it ok to add the equipment i brought in june onwards even though i wasent earning.

deeb66
10-02-2008, 02:42 PM
As long as you have notified the tax office that you are now self employed they will send you the necessary forms in April.

Yes you can use your receipts from items already bought as it was to help you set up.

There is a very good chance that you will show a loss depending on what you are earning

sarah707
10-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Showing a loss is good! So long as you can justify every penny you spent, then that is fine! :D

Hopscotch
10-02-2008, 07:45 PM
I just do my accounts monthly then on the first of april do the self assesment online so easy and then its done and out the way with and you don't need to wait forthem to send the forms to you
Bev X

deeb66
10-02-2008, 07:49 PM
I just do my accounts monthly then on the first of april do the self assesment online so easy and then its done and out the way with and you don't need to wait forthem to send the forms to you
Bev X

Yes I also do mine online too Bev but don't usually do it until January the next year.

I was one of those that got caught out in the fiasco this year when the website went down!!!!

LittleMissSparkles
10-02-2008, 07:50 PM
I have paid an accountant to do mine for me as I am hopeless with accounts, he charges £59 and does everything for you all I have to do is send him my receipts etc and he does the rest ... Phew how happy am I xxx