PDA

View Full Version : next step question

Bex1
04-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Hello

I got a photo and did an obs on little girl who completed puzzle (she is 1 yr 5 mths old) and put all chunky pieces back into slots correctly. Would I put any next steps in or just leave it as an obs? I have other puzzles with smaller pieces and not so chunky so could I do that as next step????????? I am confused with next steps!!

Thanks

breezy
04-05-2009, 04:21 PM
I would go with what you said, slightly more difficult puzzles, puzzles with smaller pieces etc, different shapes and sizes that sort of thing.
I'm not great on next steps though so wait for other advise too!

Daftbat
04-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Yes i would do next steps as trying more difficult puzzles and moving on to traditional ones rather than tray puzzles. All you need to do with next steps is try and picture how the child will be challenged further in the same direction.

Allie
04-05-2009, 04:57 PM
I f this was her first time with this puzzle I would put reinforcing this skill before the next step, but you could give her more puzzles at the same level and intrduce some slightly harder and see how it goes

Allie

Bex1
04-05-2009, 07:13 PM
cool, thank you. Do we have to do 'next steps' on each obs?

The Juggler
07-05-2009, 05:53 PM
yes, or use similar level puzzles to introduce other areas of learning, animals, colours, shapes etc using one skill to develop another.

FussyElmo
07-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Now I was told today by my DO you don't need to next step everything. That sometimes things happen and just to write about it was enough.

The ob I did was all the children doing around the mulberry bush and I had got several photos of them doing it but I hadnt next stepped it...she said it didnt need it :)