PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone give me some advice in Scotland please?

ChristineF
03-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Hi everyone,

I've got a few questions for any childminders in Scotland, sorry if they've been asked loadsa times before.
I have two kids of my own; my wee boy is nearly 4 and daughter is 10 months old, would I only be allowed one more under 5? I have a friend who is due back to work in Sept when her maternity leave ends and she might want me to mind her baby boy (born in January).
Also, how long does the whole process of getting registered take? My SCMA advisor says about 3-6 months depending on how busy the Care Commision are. I've completed my SCMA training and forms ready to be posted to CC plus got a First Aid course lined up....so just wondering what else happens now? Do I just wait?

Sorry for rambling on, just need some advice please.

Thanks,

Christine x

Curly Quavers
03-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Hey Christine!!!! :)

Where in Scotland are you? I'm the north east near Elgin!!

Anyway, my forms went away a month ago, my disclosure Scotland's are back and my other 3 references were posted back to the cc last week. I am planning on phoning them on Tuesday to ask when I can expect my inspection/interview.

As for numbers we are allowed a max of three under school age, and only one under the age of 1 year. The reason I say school age and not 5 is because as long as they have started into primary one they are classed as school age and you could have an other preschooler with you. I hope this makes sense. We are also allowed a max of 3 school age kids.

I would love be up and running within a month I hope the care commission don't keep me waiting to long everything just depends on them now.

ChristineF
03-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Hi Franny,

Thanks for your reply :)
I live in North Lanarkshire - Coatbridge.
Thanks for all the info on the numbers, I think by the time I get around to being registered my wee girl will be over 1 (it's her birthday in June).

Seems like things are definitely moving for you, hopefully you'll be ready to go in a month. Let me know how if the CC let you know a date for your inspection. Oooh, it already sounds a bit scary when I mention the inspection! :eek:

Christine xx

fionamal
03-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Hiya,

Im in East Lothian and it took me about 3 months in total to be registered.

Your are allowed a total of 6 kids under the age of 16 of those 6 only 3 can be pre-school and 1 of those under 1.

Good luck with it all, hopefully the Care Commission wont be too long

Curly Quavers
04-05-2009, 07:31 AM
Hiya,

Im in East Lothian and it took me about 3 months in total to be registered.

Your are allowed a total of 6 kids under the age of 16 of those 6 only 3 can be pre-school and 1 of those under 1.

Good luck with it all, hopefully the Care Commission wont be too long

That is correct Fiona

Gizmo
05-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Hi Christine

I am in South Lanarkshire so not to far away from you, I handed in my forms on 6th March (my birthday) and have my inspection TOMORROW so have been really quick as well, I am on the SCMA training at the mo and trying to get on a first aid course but they are all full, all the girls at the course seem to be going through quite quickly as well just hope I get some calls soon.:thumbsup:

Gizmo
05-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Sorry just read your post again, phone the cc and get the name of your officer, thats what I did so I could post policys direct then I called back 2 weeks later and fixed up the date for inspection (did I mention its tomorrow) I'm not nervous honest :blush:

Pudding Girl
05-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Hey Christine!!!! :)

Where in Scotland are you? I'm the north east near Elgin!!

?????????????? How have I missed this?????

*waves from New Elgin*

Back to Q - my reg took 11 months :censored: one delay after cockup after delay after another.

It's normal for newly reg to be only allowed 4 children under 16yo for the first year, so don't be surprised if that happens.

ChristineF
05-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Hi Christine

I am in South Lanarkshire so not to far away from you, I handed in my forms on 6th March (my birthday) and have my inspection TOMORROW so have been really quick as well, I am on the SCMA training at the mo and trying to get on a first aid course but they are all full, all the girls at the course seem to be going through quite quickly as well just hope I get some calls soon.:thumbsup:

Hi Joy,

Nice to hear from you! Oooh, my Goodness your inspection is tomorrow!!! :eek: You'll do brilliant. That is much quicker than I expected. I didnt know you could phone up and get the name of CC officer.

You'll get calls soon I'm sure. I cant wait to I get to that stage, right now it seems ages away!

Good luck for tomorrow, I'll have my fingers crossed for you! x

ChristineF
05-05-2009, 07:49 PM
?????????????? How have I missed this?????

*waves from New Elgin*

Back to Q - my reg took 11 months :censored: one delay after cockup after delay after another.

It's normal for newly reg to be only allowed 4 children under 16yo for the first year, so don't be surprised if that happens.

11 months!! :eek: Knowing my luck it'll take me just as long!

Gizmo
05-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Thanks Christine

I think I am organised have nothing left to clean and just stopped short of painting the house, bit annoyed that the weather has been so rubbish cos the grass could do with a cut, I am off to have a wee glass of wine to calm the nerves will post tomorrow to let you all know how I got on :thumbsup:

ChristineF
05-05-2009, 07:55 PM
My house will need a total overhaul before inspector comes!! :laughing:

I'm sure you'll be all organised, just get a wee drink and rest now and let me know how it goes tomorrow.

Best of luck! x :) :) :)