PDA

View Full Version : Really worried please help

bex4adz
10-02-2008, 03:46 AM
Hi I really need some advice. I have done the ICP and First Aid, I have advertised and have propestive parents but I haven't sent the forms for my pre reg visit yet. The reason is because I am worried about sending my forms for the doctors. You see I have Asperger Syndrome. I have spoken to Ofstead and they said I can still be a childminder as long as my doc is happy and that is where the problem is. She won't sign the form, she reckons people with Asperger's are not capable of doing normal things which is completly untrue. I have been a nanny for 5 years and worked as a manager for a creche as well as for many nurseries, I just decided I wanted to start childminding and am worried because of her I can't.

Any advice would really help as I don't know what to do.

Becki

Monkey1
10-02-2008, 08:15 AM
I would complain to the manager of the doctors and threaten to put in an official complaint. What happened to equal opportunities? As long as your up front with your Parents you will be fine! Make a noise at the surgery and dont worry about ruffling a few feathers! At the end of the day you can alays change doctors at a later date! Hope that helps!

Banana
10-02-2008, 08:22 AM
can you not see a different GP who maybe doesnt have such a narrow minded opinion?

Maybe change surgeries?

But yes as Monkey says I woul ddefinitely put in a complaint

xx

sarah707
10-02-2008, 08:54 AM
There are still a lot of doctors around with narrow minds to conditions such as apergers... it is sad.

I suggest you put the forms in - the doc has a bit where they say whether they think you will cope as a Childminder. Let the doc say what s/he wants and send the form to Ofsted.

Ofsted will then send out another form, asking more detailed questions... again leave it in the lap of the gods... Ofsted make the ultimate decision after all, based on all the evidence, including the inspection coming to see you at your pre-reg, so it's not just down to the doc iyswim.

You've got to send the form in, or it's not going to happen at all... you might as well get the ball rolling! :D

crazybones
10-02-2008, 09:15 AM
I have every sympathy with you. My little brother (well 25 now) has Aspergers and Dyspraxia and has hit a quite a few brick walls like this along the way. You have plenty of experience so maybe doctors report wont matter. Best of luck.

Annie x

Mollymop
10-02-2008, 09:38 AM
I agree what everyone else says. I find the doctor is being totally unfair towards you.
See what OFsted say, send the forms in

Good luck, let us know how you get on XX

deeb66
10-02-2008, 12:12 PM
I too would send the forms in.

I would certainly consider moving your doctor's though as it is an extremly narrow minded attitude to take.....I am not sure I would want to stay with her:(

berkschick
10-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Im sorry your doctor is being so narrow minded :angry: :(

My daughter has Aspergers, I would be so annoyed if anything like this ever happened to her!

As the others have suggested, I would complain to the practice manager.

However, please forgive me for being slightly confused here but in a thread last week, http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2812&page=2 you said that you had already had your visit and that OFSTED had allowed you and your partner to have 16 children between you. If this is the case I cant understand why your GP wont allow you to do it when OFSTED were obviously very impressed to allow you to start with that number of children!

Polly2
10-02-2008, 01:26 PM
I agree with all - change your doctor.

You sound like you have had loads of experience and responsiblity in your work, I can't understand her being so narrowminded.

Keep fighting :thumbsup:

Mollymop
10-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Hi Becki,

I thought you were already a registered childminder as you stated in your "Tax" post a few weeks ago.

ajs
12-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Hi I really need some advice. I have done the ICP and First Aid, I have advertised and have propestive parents but I haven't sent the forms for my pre reg visit yet. The reason is because I am worried about sending my forms for the doctors. You see I have Asperger Syndrome. I have spoken to Ofstead and they said I can still be a childminder as long as my doc is happy and that is where the problem is. She won't sign the form, she reckons people with Asperger's are not capable of doing normal things which is completly untrue. I have been a nanny for 5 years and worked as a manager for a creche as well as for many nurseries, I just decided I wanted to start childminding and am worried because of her I can't.

Any advice would really help as I don't know what to do.

Becki

you have said that you are only 20 how come you've managed to have such a full employment history at such a young age.
i would go back to your doctor as with such a full cv your aspergers is obviously not going to be a problem

son77
12-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi,

Sorry I prob didn't make that very clear.The reason I have 6 full timers is because both my partner and are are registered childminders. We had our visit last month and was told as we have a large house we could have 8 children altogether

Hope this clears things up

Becki

I thought you were already registered too?? Im confused??

LittleMissSparkles
12-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Can I make a suggestion that if you are playing games and telling pork pies which it seems you are could you do it elsewhere please. We love to help others but only if they are genuine.

bex4adz
12-02-2008, 06:56 PM
I am not lying my partner had his visit last month, my partner is now fully registered I am not because of the docs forms. On the other posts I said we were both registered as I just wanted advise on tax not a lecture on amount of money I could earn and it was easier to do that than to explain. The inspector told him becuase of the size of our house we could have up to 16 as he mentioned I was going through the process too. Look I only wanted a bit of advise on tax and my docs forms and am being called a liar for it. The facts are I have asperger, We have been told we can have up to 16 kids, my partners registerd, I am going through the process.

Hopefully that will clear it up

button68
12-02-2008, 07:39 PM
http://easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-718.gif (http://easyfreesmileys.com/) http://easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-423.gif (http://easyfreesmileys.com/) http://easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-304.gif (http://easyfreesmileys.com/)

Blaze
12-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Great use of smiles!:laughing:

Tasha:)

sarah707
12-02-2008, 07:45 PM
I like the one with the lightbulb best! :D

Pipsqueak
12-02-2008, 08:42 PM
I am not lying my partner had his visit last month, my partner is now fully registered I am not because of the docs forms. On the other posts I said we were both registered as I just wanted advise on tax not a lecture on amount of money I could earn and it was easier to do that than to explain. The inspector told him becuase of the size of our house we could have up to 16 as he mentioned I was going through the process too. Look I only wanted a bit of advise on tax and my docs forms and am being called a liar for it. The facts are I have asperger, We have been told we can have up to 16 kids, my partners registerd, I am going through the process.

Hopefully that will clear it up

We really are more than happy to help out and advise people but there appears to be some major discrepancies with what you have posted in different threads - so you cannot really blame us for becoming a little suspicious and wondering if we are being played.
As childminders we are all in the same hard lonely boat and this site is a major source of letting of steam, friendship and support.

It would be a lot easier to have told the exact facts from the beginning because the altering of facts can lead to major problems later down the line - and as a childminder you will need to ensure that you are getting your facts straight down the line.

Cheeky Chops
12-02-2008, 08:47 PM
you are so right vicky! this forum is a lifesaver for me!! and I am really grateful to Pauline for setting it up! cos I would be lost without it, and of course all of you lovely lad's n lasses!! x x

button68
12-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Great use of smiles!:laughing:

I like the one with the lightbulb best! :D

Can't wait to use this one http://easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-327.gif (http://easyfreesmileys.com/)

deeb66
12-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Can't wait to use this one http://easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-327.gif (http://easyfreesmileys.com/)

Mandy i think that one is brilliant :D

Spangles
12-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Very funny! Where'd you find these?

button68
12-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Mandy i think that one is brilliant :D

Yes, but it can't be used willy-nilly I will have to wait for the right moment :D

button68
12-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Very funny! Where'd you find these?

I got them from here http://easyfreesmileys.com/

I think smilies are great because the stop posts being mis-understood, iyswim :)

deeb66
12-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Yes, but it can't be used willy-nilly I will have to wait for the right moment :D

:ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Cheeky Chops
12-02-2008, 09:58 PM
what is iyswim?? i cant find the abbrev meaning to it ?? x x

sarah707
12-02-2008, 09:59 PM
what is iyswim?? i cant find the abbrev meaning to it ?? x x

if you see what i mean... :D

Cheeky Chops
12-02-2008, 10:01 PM
ooooh! i thought everyone just liked to swim !! haha!

angeldelight
12-02-2008, 10:01 PM
http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=96

Spangles
12-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Ha ha! You are funny Cheeky Chops! Glad you joined the Forum! He he!

Cheeky Chops
12-02-2008, 10:03 PM
AAMOF - As a matter of fact

AFAIK - As far as I know

AFK - Away from the keyboard

AKA - Also known as

Aunt Flo - (Menstural Period)

BAC - By any chance

BBL - Be back later

BIL - Brother in law

BITGOD - Back in the good old days

BRB - Be right back

BTA - But then again

BTW - By the way

BYAM - Between you and me

BYKT - But you knew that

CMIIW - Correct me if I am wrong

DD - Darling daughter

DF Darling fiance/fiancee

DH - Darling husband

DP - Darling partner

DS - Darling son

DW - Darling wife

DTRT - Do the right thing

EOL - End of lecture

ESP - Especially

FAQ - Frequently asked questions

FIL - Father in law

FOMCL - Fell of my chair laughing

FTTT - From time to time

FWIW - For what its worth

FYI - For your information

GMTA - Great minds think alike

HTH - Hope this helps/Here to help

IAC - In any case

IAE - In any event

IDTT - I'll drink to that

IIRC - If I remember correctly

IMAO - In my arrogant opinion

IMCO - In my considered opinion

IMHO - In my humble opinion

IMNSHO - In my not so humble opinion

IMO - In my opinion

IMOBO - In my own biased opinion

INPO - In no particular order

IOW - In other words

IWBNI - It would be nice if

JIC - Just in case

JTYWLTK - Just thought you would like to know

LOL - laughing out loud

LMAO - laughing my a*se off

MIL - Mother in law

NP - No problem

NRN - No reply necessary

OIC - Oh I see

OH - Other half

OMG - oh my god!

OTOH - On the other hand

OTT - Over the top

PILs - Parents in law

PMSL - peeing myself laughing

POV - Point of view

PTB - Powers that be

ROTF - Rolling on the floor

ROTFL - Rolling on the floor laughing

SIL - Sister in law

SITD - Still in the dark

TAFN - Thats all for now

TAFT - Thats a frightening thought

TIC - Tongue in cheek

TGIF - Thank God its Friday

TIA - Thanks in advance

TMI - Too much information

TNX or TNS - Thanks

TPTB - The powers that be

TTBOMK - To the best of my knowledge

TTFN - Ta ta for now

WFM - Works for me

WRT - With regard to

*** - What the F***?

WYSIWYG - What you see is what you get

its not here angel x x

Pipsqueak
How are you getting your pix and smilies (uploaded) into the posts (not the ones we can access on here) without getting it in an attachment box?

To use any of my pix/smilies from my pc, I have to go to attach in the menu bar at top, choose upload pix from file and then it goes into a box at the bottom of the text when I post:(

bex4adz
Look i am sorry If I have upset, annoyed, confused ect people, can i start again?

Cheeky Chops
12-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Ha ha! You are funny Cheeky Chops! Glad you joined the Forum! He he!

hehe!! aw thanks chuck x x

Spangles
12-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Maybe you should! It seems there's a lot of confusion going on here at the mo!

Blaze
13-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Look i am sorry If I have upset, annoyed, confused ect people, can i start again?

I don't see why not!

deeb66
13-02-2008, 10:37 AM

Yes....I think that might be a good idea :thumbsup:

oakie dokie
13-02-2008, 12:50 PM
you can use that one on me, ifeel iv gone round so many bends im dizzy,

hazelx

Pipsqueak
13-02-2008, 01:18 PM

Please do bex.

We are more than happy to help out genuine posters. You can perhaps understand where the confusion has arisen hopefully:

ie you say you have vast amount of experience at the tender age of 20 - 5 years as a nanny (did you really start nannying at 15?), you have been a nursery manager etc.

you also said that you were reg'd and had spoken to OFSTED and they had confirmed that you could have xxx children - they would not do this if you had not yet sent your forms away and before inspecting you. Even if they did pass you and your partner in your massive property does not guarantee that you would be able to have that many children.

Perhaps you could start again (filling in some gaps), we really appreciate honesty on here, we are a friendly close knit community and we share each others ups and down, joys and sadnesses and do not appreciate feeling we are being mocked. We are dedicated professional people who care about our profession and its standards so you may understand that we felt like closing ranks.

LittleMissSparkles
13-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Please do bex.

We are more than happy to help out genuine posters. You can perhaps understand where the confusion has arisen hopefully:

ie you say you have vast amount of experience at the tender age of 20 - 5 years as a nanny (did you really start nannying at 15?), you have been a nursery manager etc.

you also said that you were reg'd and had spoken to OFSTED and they had confirmed that you could have xxx children - they would not do this if you had not yet sent your forms away and before inspecting you. Even if they did pass you and your partner in your massive property does not guarantee that you would be able to have that many children.

Perhaps you could start again (filling in some gaps), we really appreciate honesty on here, we are a friendly close knit community and we share each others ups and down, joys and sadnesses and do not appreciate feeling we are being mocked. We are dedicated professional people who care about our profession and its standards so you may understand that we felt like closing ranks.

I second that Vik x

ajs
13-02-2008, 01:26 PM
hi bex
sorry if i offended you by asking about your nannying but i really do think that you need to be honest on this forum.
we are an astute lot and will notice discrepencies and if you want us to respect you then you must respect us too.

you are an extremely lucky young lady to have a 14 bedroom mansion at the age of 20 i am 45 and am happy with my 5 bedrooms but could do with one more room if you have any to spare.

let's try again be honest with us and we'll be honest to you
mandy

manjay
13-02-2008, 02:13 PM
How are you getting your pix and smilies (uploaded) into the posts (not the ones we can access on here) without getting it in an attachment box?

To use any of my pix/smilies from my pc, I have to go to attach in the menu bar at top, choose upload pix from file and then it goes into a box at the bottom of the text when I post:(

If you find ones you like but don't have an image code to put them directly onto the post you can host them on photobucket. That's what I usually do.

amanda xx

button68
13-02-2008, 04:19 PM
When I use smilies from that site I just do Copy/Paste - anything else would be beyond me !!!!

Pipsqueak
13-02-2008, 04:40 PM
If you find ones you like but don't have an image code to put them directly onto the post you can host them on photobucket. That's what I usually do.

amanda xx

oh blimey another site to navigate!!! I shall give it a shot!! lol Thanks