PDA

View Full Version : Individual and Group planning questions

andreaschildcare
30-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Hi all

I have been doing monthly planning for the group. So I assume we need to break this down for each individual child as well?

do u do the individual plans weekly or monthly?

does anyone have any examples at all?

Many thanks

sarah707
30-04-2009, 05:46 PM
My group planning covers the things we are going to do together involving both the little ones and after schoolers. I have recently set it up to follow my continuous provision and it is working really well.

So for example, I think about a special event we are going to celebrate and then I look at what resources I have available or might need to buy to make the activity ideas come to life.

Individual planning is worked out through observations of the children's interests and takes us in different directions but it will also feed into the group planning.

So J likes dinosaurs and group planning is Red Nose Day. J might like to make a dinosaur footprint picture in red paint...

Hth :D

nannymcflea
30-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Before I plan I do an "all about me" for each child that shows where they are in each area.

Next comes "next steps" where I feel they need to progress in each area.

I then plan for my 3 children as a group. I take into consideration each child when planning but do not do separate plans as i do actually have a life outside childminding...I think I do anyway!....

These along with Records of Achievement and daily diaries for each child are in my mind (and OFSTEDS) quite enough.

There is no right or wrong, you do whatever works for you, as long as you are aware of each child, their needs, likes and how you can accomodate them within the EYFS and make sure they are progressing then thats fine.