PDA

View Full Version : Linking to EYFS

lizzymoonshine
29-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Hi

I need to clear something up in my mind, the more people i talk to the more confused i am getting.

When we do an activity with the children and write it up, and we link it to the EYFS can we just put whether it covers say Physical development and Creative development or do we need to go into more detail.

the learning journey i have just got off my ncma lady says links to eyfs they underneath the next steps????? am i doing enough or do i need to elaborate?

:) thanks

Mrs.L.C
29-04-2009, 01:31 PM
you need to put which area it comes under like you have said and then which section

for example PD, movement and space

Then you can put a next step which you can use/show as your planning

For example John balanced along the balance beam holding my hand.

Next steps - encourage John to balance unaided along a piece of string/on the balance beams

sarah707
29-04-2009, 02:01 PM
If you have a copy of the learning and development requirements printed for each child, it is easy to look at them and work out what the child has done linked to the different sections. :D

Daftbat
29-04-2009, 02:42 PM
I normally identify the learning area then just do a sentence of how it id being met. Then you can link to next steps either in a separate section or do the links periodically - the children i look after tend to accomplish one or two things at a time from their next steps so when i think its been mainly achieved i do a fresh next steps document and do a section in their daily diaries highlighting how they have been met based on obs or info from daily diary.

Sorry, waffles a bit - hope it makes sense!

Mrs.L.C
29-04-2009, 03:31 PM
If you have a copy of the learning and development requirements printed for each child, it is easy to look at them and work out what the child has done linked to the different sections. :D

This sounds good. Are there any on here that people have done?

Chatterbox Childcare
29-04-2009, 03:38 PM
pm me your email and I will send the ones I typed up to you.