PDA

View Full Version : changed things...what do you think

Bex1
29-04-2009, 12:36 PM
ok so I am not good at form filling etc so after speaking with my mum who works in foundation stage at Nursery etc and seeing that they are not over run with paperwork I decided to do the following.

Daily Diary. what I do already and parents happy with this. recording briefly what we've done, what kids played with. What they ate, drank, nappy changes, sleep times.

'My Special Book' each child has a scrapbook of their time with me and so far I have pictures of them settling in, playing games, pics and comments about our easter activities.

Observation folder. Each child has a folder with obs in them and number 1, 2, 3 and dated and their completed 'all about me' forms parents completed. The obs I use when planning and in my weekly planning I put "linked to obs 1 dated ......."

I have a TRIO worker coming next week and I am booked on Obs,Assess,Planning cours in June but I jut want things simple as I still have baby brain (even though DD is 20 months :blush: )

michellethegooner
29-04-2009, 12:40 PM
ok so I am not good at form filling etc so after speaking with my mum who works in foundation stage at Nursery etc and seeing that they are not over run with paperwork I decided to do the following.

Daily Diary. what I do already and parents happy with this. recording briefly what we've done, what kids played with. What they ate, drank, nappy changes, sleep times.

'My Special Book' each child has a scrapbook of their time with me and so far I have pictures of them settling in, playing games, pics and comments about our easter activities.

I do this but I also have ANOTHER one for group photos, obviously with signed permission, also I write little comments e.g what they are doing and link it to EYFS stages

Observation folder. Each child has a folder with obs in them and number 1, 2, 3 and dated and their completed 'all about me' forms parents completed. The obs I use when planning and in my weekly planning I put "linked to obs 1 dated ......."

I have a TRIO worker coming next week and I am booked on Obs,Assess,Planning cours in June but I jut want things simple as I still have baby brain (even though DD is 20 months :blush: )

tbh this is all I have as well as one of my parents works in an 'outstanding' nursery and they are not overrun with paperwork, I do however do a summartive report every 6 mths for each child as well

Bex1
29-04-2009, 12:56 PM
When you say link do you just put which area on learning it relates too? E.G my easter activity was looking at all the different colour and sized eggs and also reading 'kipper and the egg' which is a touch/feel book because my kiddies are all under 20 months so that was the simplist activities to do with them!

youarewhatyoueat
30-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Thats similar to me, but I want to do an "all about me" to give to parents before they start and then put in the learnig journey to take home at weekends etc to record any wow moments. What questions do you ask?
Caroline

Bex1
01-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Hi, my all about me questionnaire is what I give to parents to complete when they sign the contracts so I know a bit more about the child before they start. So its thinks like emergency contacts, legal contact, any medical or dietary needs, bits about family, routines, are they able to dress themselves, what they like, nappy and sleep routines, fav games, toys, songs, there learnng journey so far, info mum and dad may like me to know, and I also find out about their typical week.

Becky

youarewhatyoueat
01-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Thanks becky, Do you set it out like a series of questions and send them away to fill it in or do you fill it in with them, just trying to work out the best way to do it.
Caroline

helenlc
03-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Mine is set out like a questionnaire and I have ones for different ages - 0-3, 3-5, 5-8 and Over 8s. I also have a Personal Details form, which I just today added the bit about Legal Guardian to.

I havent been inspected since EYFS came in but I was inspected May 08. My inspector said that I was well on my way to being ready for EYFS with me About Me forms.

Winnie
04-05-2009, 12:04 PM
when you do photo obs with a note, do you use 'obs speak' ? as we were taught or are your obs in a more relaxed language? I'm confused how strict I need to be with getting the present language correct.