PDA

View Full Version : How many?

Bambini
28-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Ooh my first question!

Just wondering if there is an average on how many children you will be registered for according to house size?

I have a 2 bedroom house, my daughter at present sleeps in with us so we have the kitchen/diner, lounge and second bedroom and bathroom as 'childminding space'. We have an enormous garden which will be great only if we start getting good weather in this country.

I guess what I am trying to figure out is how many children I will be able to look after.

I have my briefing session next tuesday, then the course starts the week after! Very exciting!

xxx

julie w
28-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Ooh my first question!

Just wondering if there is an average on how many children you will be registered for according to house size?

I have a 2 bedroom house, my daughter at present sleeps in with us so we have the kitchen/diner, lounge and second bedroom and bathroom as 'childminding space'. We have an enormous garden which will be great only if we start getting good weather in this country.

I guess what I am trying to figure out is how many children I will be able to look after.

I have my briefing session next tuesday, then the course starts the week after! Very exciting!

xxxHi, it doesn't really go by the room you have. It's basically the same for everyone. I can have 6 children under 8, no more than 3 of these can be under 5, and only one aged under 1 year old. (tho u can get permission if you have twins)I have 4 over 8, but I think its just down to how many you can handle.Its the first time I've been on here. If you dont mind me asking, how do you ask a question? I cant seem to do it. Thankyou.Julie.x.

julie w
28-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Hi, it is based on ratio of children to carers, not to the size of house. Most childminders are usually allowed 6 children under the age of 8. No more than 3 of these can be under 6, and only 1 under 12 months (tho this permission can be given if you have twins). I have never been told a number over age 8, just been told as long as I can manage. I have 11 on my books, but some just come odd days, or just before or after school. Good luck with your new career. I hope you get this as its one of the first times I've been on here. julie.x.

sarah707
28-04-2009, 05:14 PM
There are minimum space requirements... 6 under 8 is the max they will register you for.

Also if you have children under 8 that will affect your numbers.

always best to ask Ofsted as you never know what they might say.

Juliew if you want to ask a question, you need to go to the main part of the forum, find the right area to post eg lounge, Eyfs etc and then click on 'new thread' - it's an oval button on the top right of the section you want to post in.

Hope that makes sense :D

jibberjitz
28-04-2009, 07:47 PM
I think your question has been answered so just wanted to wish you luck with all your training - hope you enjoy it :thumbsup: If you're anything like me then I'm sure it wont be your last question :laughing:

Bambini
28-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Aw thanks for all your replies. I think I was worrying that I may only be registered for one or two as my house is teeny! Can't wait to get started!

xxx