PDA

View Full Version : what would you study next?

newandlearning
27-04-2009, 02:41 PM
hello.. I started childminding in Oct 08 and have just finished the DHC on the intensive route.. I'm happy to be having a break right now as I'm tired from studying, setting up my practice etc etc.
but I am wondering what could be a future option for me .. I was thinking the EYPS but I think that may be too hard.. I already a OU degree in Human Geography.. what do you think would be a good next move.. I really enjoyed the DHC and now feel a lot more capable than I was at the beginning of it .. but I know I work and perform better when I'm intectually learning as I can then keep my practice fresh with the new learning and growth..

any advice would be great.. (currently enjoying walking in the rain and drinking a cuppa) xx

karenandsmile
27-04-2009, 03:32 PM
look at things that could get you a job outside childminding too so they will be a good investment for when you want a change of job

you need first aid
and food hygene is always a good one to have

i have my NVQ 3 which would get me a job in a lot of childcare jobs

but i must admit after that as i did level 2 and 3 one after the other i did have a bit of a break lol from learning

atm im looking for anything EYFS to help me with all that stuff atm all we have been offered is the starter guide to eyfs which was reading through the pack together
really could have done with the practical side of it and how to put it all into practice

as where i live we have a hard inspector who dosnt know the word outstanding so we have to work extra hard to get a good which is rare in her case lol

Chatterbox Childcare
27-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Have you looked at the Foundation Degree that can be done OU?

The Juggler
30-04-2009, 10:57 AM
hello.. I started childminding in Oct 08 and have just finished the DHC on the intensive route.. I'm happy to be having a break right now as I'm tired from studying, setting up my practice etc etc.
but I am wondering what could be a future option for me .. I was thinking the EYPS but I think that may be too hard.. I already a OU degree in Human Geography.. what do you think would be a good next move.. I really enjoyed the DHC and now feel a lot more capable than I was at the beginning of it .. but I know I work and perform better when I'm intectually learning as I can then keep my practice fresh with the new learning and growth..

any advice would be great.. (currently enjoying walking in the rain and drinking a cuppa) xx

Foundation degree learning is great but if you already have a degree, I would go straight down the EYPS route. You get quite a lot of classroom time on the long pathway it's over 15 months. I want to do it but am just finishing foundation degree and I need to go on and finish my degree at uni before I can do EYPS. Go for it!

Nx