PDA

View Full Version : What courses can be usefull to do before registering?

jw19nr
04-12-2007, 11:52 PM
Hello. I am hoping to register as a childminder next year. I
already have an NVQ2 in early years and currently doing an NVQ 3 in ccld. I have first aid too. Is there anything else I can do myself in the mean time? I am booked in for my ICP course in Jan. Don't plan on doing anythinng before that, but I know you often need to book far in advance.

Thanks
Jenny

deeb66
05-12-2007, 08:34 AM
I don't think there is much else you can do before you are registered.

The ICP will give you a lot of information and once you are registered you will be eligable to do any courses run locally or by your Early Years team.

Dee

Polly2
05-12-2007, 08:42 AM
Hiya

Basic food hygiene is a good one - though not compulsory, I also got funding for this in my area. Its always worth asking

Hollyx

sarah707
05-12-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm going on a nutrition course next year - not compulsory, but it's an area I want to improve... I went on a really good diversity course recently as well, just to earn a few Brownie points really and get some fresh ideas

I think tBH you'll be busy enough with ICP, so I wouldn't worry unless you're bored!!

Pipsqueak
06-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Although not complusory, the ICP (this part mandatory) is the first unit of the DHC BUT if you have your NVQ CCLD (3) then I can't really see that you should need to do the DHC unless you want to.

I took some basic training in Child Protection, Food Hygiene, Healthy Eating and Active Listening - none of this is compulsory but good practice. Helps to show your commitment. I would say though - don't overload yourself or you may end up melting into a big puddle (like I am doing at the moment).

:panic: