PDA

View Full Version : In the garden!

Tatia
26-04-2009, 08:15 PM
It was gorgeous! I potted up all my pumpkin seedlings and have them ready to divvy out to people as I have way too many. Also potted on the sweet peas and lupins. Also started another propogator filled with sunflowers, one with morning glories and another with tomatoes, cucumbers and nasturtium.

I am also very excited that my sweet woodruff has come back stronger than ever. I bought the plugs on e-bay last year but it has self-seeded and is now starting to cover the area under the plum tree. When it's dried, it smells like newly mewn hay. Gorgeous! Isn't this pretty?

http://k43.pbase.com/o4/71/417271/1/43467115.228_7010113_SweetWoodruff.jpg

Very happy to see my hollyhocks, foxgloves, curry plant and lilies (calla lilies and tropical lilies) all making a stunning comeback, too.

Now if I could just get hubs to mow the grass so I don't have to wade through it any more! :mad:

manjay
26-04-2009, 08:20 PM
That looks lovely Tatia. I have been pottering in the green house today. I love it:D

sarah707
26-04-2009, 08:34 PM
That's pretty!

Not much grows here as it's all clay... and I think I have the wrong colour fingers :rolleyes: :D

TheBTeam
26-04-2009, 08:37 PM
That looks lovely, we only have a small garden, so only have things in tubs!

Would love a garden with areas like this!

Chatterbox Childcare
26-04-2009, 08:44 PM
This looks lovely - my lily of the valley is sprouting everywhere but the lupins are late and the lillies early. You cannot tell now what will come when.

Tatia
27-04-2009, 05:54 AM
Sorry! That's a photo I swiped from somewhere to show you what sweet woodruff looks like. It isn't my garden. But the area under my plum tree looks just about as lush as that though maybe not quite so big.

I've got to check my babies cos it's the first time some of them have been left out in the mini-greenhouse all night by themselves. Plus I'm taking some of everything to DDs school this morning as they have a new garden area. They are especially excited about the pumpkins!:clapping:

sue m
27-04-2009, 07:13 AM
It does look lovely Tatia. I've got a 200' foot garden and haven't got a clue! I'd love it to be full of colour, having said that, not all 200' of it!!!! I have some shrubs which flower and come back every year (like it easy!) but there are just so many plants and shrubs to buy, I don't have a clue where to start. The sweet woodruff looks very pretty, is that something you plant and leave???

Tatia
27-04-2009, 04:14 PM
The sweet woodruff looks very pretty, is that something you plant and leave??
Oh yes. I bunged the little seedlings in the ground last Spring and promptly forgot about them. They'e gone forth and multiplied since then and are one of the few of my babies not needing to be rescued from bind weed creeping over from the neighbour's garden. :angry: They like shaded spots so are perfect for carpeting underneath a tree or a part of the garden that doesn't get much sun. :thumbsup:

louise
27-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Thanks for that i will go on a hunt for some. Its just what i need. Well depends how dog proof it is! I went and got some seeds to plant last weekend. Me and ds scattered them we are hoping the grow! I need things that are easy to grow. We have a shade bit under all the bush type things and apple tree so this will give my garden some colour. I had bind weed last year managed to get rid of it i think!! well i haven't seen any yet. Any other suggestions?

Lou

nannymcflea
27-04-2009, 06:03 PM
It does look lovely Tatia. I've got a 200' foot garden and haven't got a clue! I'd love it to be full of colour, having said that, not all 200' of it!!!! I have some shrubs which flower and come back every year (like it easy!) but there are just so many plants and shrubs to buy, I don't have a clue where to start. The sweet woodruff looks very pretty, is that something you plant and leave???

Please can I have some of your garden I'd love an allotment separate from my wildlife area and play area...please...pretty please!:laughing: