PDA

View Full Version : jack and the beanstalk

mushpea
25-04-2009, 03:20 PM
HI i need some ideas for this week that ican do for jack and the beanstalk please, need a really simple but good activity for thursday as i am being observed by network officer so need to impress!! but any ideas would be gratefully recived please
thanks

helenlc
25-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Go to www.sparklebox.co.uk and type Jack and the Beanstalk in the search part. I just did it and quite a lot of different activities came up.

You could always do the obvious of planting a bean, maybe some sequencing cards showing the life cycle of a bean, make beans in your lunch somehow, play with bean bags, maybe some craft with green tissue paper or green paper leaves on a long piece of lining paper to make a bean stalk?

Allie
25-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Beans on toast for lunch, make a bean stalk with the children's hand prints as leaves, this could then be stuck on the wall (if you have space) act out the story, read the book

Allie

mushpea
25-04-2009, 04:45 PM
thanks, thought of the bean planting, like the idea of beans on toast, am going to get them to make a beanstalk stick it on a peice of a4 then each day we will add a different part of the story ie cow, chicken with golden eggs, giant etc.
also thought of getting some dried beans for my tray and for makeing a collage

brillminder
29-04-2009, 04:28 PM
do not forget to read the story, and the old jam jar and water with blotting paper in the middle and watch them grow :)

miffy
30-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Some ideas here

http://magazines.scholastic.co.uk/content/2081

Miffy xx

Demonjill
30-04-2009, 09:46 PM
These are all fab ideas.:thumbsup:

ds has a simple "Jack and the Beanstalk" game which is fab fun. Got it out charity shop brand new for £1:thumbsup: Might be type of game from the works or somewhere not sure.

What about using play dough to recreate the story (might need lots for the giant though lol)

Chell
30-04-2009, 10:29 PM
DS stuck various different types of dried beans/peas on to paper to make a collage at school.