PDA

View Full Version : What Training

Pedagog
24-04-2009, 09:08 PM
I have just had a form from the local Childminding association asking what training courses I would like to see offered.

They have suggested vocational courses such as first aid, food safety etc and non vocational courses such as Indian head massage and cake decorating.

What course's would you suggest given a choice?

Roseolivia
25-04-2009, 06:01 AM
This has nothing to do with childminding as i'm doing this in my own time and for my own reasons. I'm starting a 6wk photography course next week. It's to show what you can do with digital cameras and the computer extras (adobe whatever??). I'm hoping it'll be useful as i'm always taking photos of my daughter and the mindees.

Allie
25-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Get them to put on an attachment theory day course with Richard Bowlby, the great mans son! I did this a few weeks ago and it was really interesting.
It also confirmed childminding as one of the best forms of childcare!

Allie

Pedagog
25-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Sounds interesting.

Any other ideas?

breezy
25-04-2009, 07:02 PM
makaton
reflexology
computer skills of some sort
yoga

Pauline
26-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Child Psychology

I did a basic one and found it fascinating :)

TheBTeam
26-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Get them to put on an attachment theory day course with Richard Bowlby, the great mans son! I did this a few weeks ago and it was really interesting.

Allie

Hi, that sounds good, think might suggest that to ours, bet they don't want to know tho!

Pedagog
26-04-2009, 08:17 AM
Oh yes thats a good one.

The Juggler
26-04-2009, 10:09 AM

Allie

wow! does he do that. I would love to go to that. Might mention it at the children's centre.

hello kitty
26-04-2009, 01:46 PM
I did the Attachment Theory course with Maria Robinson who was great and we received a free copy of her book.

Deepening our Understanding of the needs of birth to fours was good too with Sally Thomas who was very inspiring.

Another tutor I found inspiring was Chrissy Meleady from Early Years Equality who tutored Equal Chances in the EYFS (about inclusion/equality).

I have been on 2 music courses with Jessica Pitt who really brought music time alive and made it great fun ~ both well worth doing too. :D

Toothfairy
28-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Makaton would be a good one.