PDA

View Full Version : Course all day tomorrow!!!

katickles
08-02-2008, 05:24 PM
Hi everyone

I've got my Level Two In Food Safety in Catering course tomorrow. It's an all day one, 9:00am - 4:00pm.

What kind of things are they going to have us doing? Seems a long day to me :eek:

crazybones
08-02-2008, 05:27 PM
We had a lady from Environmental Health who had some disgusting pictures to shows of restraunt kitchens and some horrible things found in food.

The rest was about cross contamination, food temps, storing food etc.

Annie x

katickles
08-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Oh no exam then?:so happy:

avril
I learnt some useful stuff but was also nearly sick as annie says about all the disgusting things she showed, like cockroach traps with them still in (dead of course).

I also questioned her about local restaraunts/takeaways she had inspected and if I should give them a wide berth. As I said useful!!

Avril :laughing:

crazybones
Ooops yes multiple choice at end. Sorry.

Annie x

avril
08-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Oh yes a mulitple choice paper at the end, quite easy not mastermind!!

Avril :laughing:

elaineg
08-02-2008, 07:25 PM
The multiple choice is so easy it only took about ten minutes to complete and we were given half an hour.

love Elaine XXX

katickles
08-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Thanks everyone x

deeb66
08-02-2008, 08:44 PM
I did this in December.....it's not a bad course actually but then we had a really good instructor.

I could imagine that it could have been quite boring but she did an excellent job of ensuring that we didn't fall asleep :D

Hopefully you will get a good instructor too.

Yes there is a multiple choice at the end....but it is not rocket science and found it easy.

Have a good day

sarah707
09-02-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm waiting to do this one, so feedback would be nice! Good luck today! :D

Mollymop
09-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Hope your course and test went well today?

katickles
10-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Well the course was ok - hoping that i passed my exam to!!!:panic:

Our instructor was ok, as it was a lovely day she said we could mae the course as long or as quick as we wanted, of course everyone opted for a quick course!!:D

Anyway, she went through a handbook, asking q's on various topics, showed us some video's (restaurants from hell or something like that?!?), she then had a few group disscusions & ended with the multiple answer exam.

She was very helpful in the training as some of the questions actually ask for a different answer than we were trained about, so she pointed these out during the training so that we wouldn't get then wrong - well hoping we didn't get them wrong!!:laughing:

Overall it was useful as i suppose it makes you more aware of things!

deeb66
10-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Glad you enjoyed your day.

I thought much the same about mine.

Did they show you the video of the grotty chef picking his nose, coughing and sneezing and smoking?

katickles
10-02-2008, 09:48 PM
The video was in a chain of restaurants in london - aberdeen angus steak houses and then londons china town, uuuuuuurrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!
Oh that was so disgusting, watching the videos & listening to all the horror tales would be enough to put you of eating out for life!! Although, think i'm over it now already!!:laughing:

There was a horrible part about a man who died in Blackpool afetr catching e.coli 0157, that was really sad to watch:(