PDA

View Full Version : Help with colour topic for EYFS

Jelly Baby
23-04-2009, 07:25 PM
My little one i have is very intersted in colours and so thought we would concentrate on that for the time being..does anyone know what i could do for this as stucj..(think it has something to do with my inspection tom and losing the plot with it all!! but would be good to have some things to do while she is here)
Thanks

sarah707
23-04-2009, 07:33 PM
I had a little one learning her colours a while ago and we made colour collages. We used an Argos catalogue, browsed through and tore out any pics with colours that she recognised. She loved sticking things so she made lots of collages. I used scraps of ribbon and buttons for texture too.

Good luck tomorrow! :D

Peppa
23-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Well i am taking it slowly as 2 2yr olds and three year old who don't know them so taking it a colour a week. Last week we did red hand prints, looked for red things on our walk, read the little red fire engine and teds bed is red. Then i made red playdoh.

The red prints have gone on my blue paper on the wall. this week doing yellow, done hand prints and put them over the top, making a raimbow. Had red snack last week (strawberries AND raspbeiires and tomatoes) This week we had lemons melons, sweetcorn and grapefruit. We saw a rainbow and M said what it was and named colours but didn't know what they were. So went from there

However i haven't linked it to eyfs! Didn't think i had done enough to link it, but now I have wrote it to you I think i might be able to link it! Well some of it!

Peppa
23-04-2009, 07:38 PM
oh and read wobble bear says 'yellow! which i have just made a story sack for! :D

I sound good!!!! (sorry :blush: ) been feeling useless this week!

Jelly Baby
23-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks that is fab just what i needed! one is very confident but 3 but way over her goals i would say and the other just 2 so will do one colour at a time with the younger one tommorow as she takes a while but then clicks and never stops saying the same word lol..
Thanks again.

PixiePetal
23-04-2009, 08:50 PM
When I do colours, I do one colour at a time at first.

We have a tray to add items of the colour on, mindees find things in the house/garden to add or bring in from home.

For yellow we had a lemon, yellow toy car, ball, soft toy, leaf.....

Next week was another colour:thumbsup:

Nix
01-05-2009, 02:04 PM
When I do colours, I do one colour at a time at first.

We have a tray to add items of the colour on, mindees find things in the house/garden to add or bring in from home.

For yellow we had a lemon, yellow toy car, ball, soft toy, leaf.....

Next week was another colour:thumbsup:

I've just started doing this and have some items of my own eg a yellow jigsaw,then encourage the children to find/bring their own.:D

Nix,x

miffy
01-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Some ideas here

http://preschoolexpress.com/theme_station.shtml

Miffy xx

marian
01-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Some ideas here

http://preschoolexpress.com/theme_station.shtml

Miffy xx

What a good site :)