PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article

sarah707
20-04-2009, 12:08 PM
At least we're not the only ones suffering from paperwork overload... :rolleyes:

http://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6010565

hello kitty
20-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Interesting article. :)

Mollymop
20-04-2009, 12:50 PM
I have to agree with the reception teachers. There is no right or wrong way of doing the assessments,obs and planning but ofsted like to tell you when you are wrong or not doing enough etc.

Tups
20-04-2009, 12:59 PM
At least we're not the only ones suffering from paperwork overload... :rolleyes:

http://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6010565
glad ime not a teacher they seem more confused than me :eek: :eek:

huggableshelly
20-04-2009, 01:05 PM
ty will read it later

Nix
03-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Thanks...I'll have a read later.:D

Pipsqueak
03-05-2009, 08:24 AM
That is a really good read Sarah, thank you.

Its true that there is too much 'advice' but not enough clarity. I knew reception teachers where struggling with - a friend who has been a teacher for over 30 years transferred back into foundation when she went part time and the 'stuff' (as she called it) that she has to do for xx amount of children has prompted her to hand in her resignation earlier that what she intended. She intended to stay on in foundation - her roots of teaching, for another couple of years but she said she found she was doing more work in the evenings/days off/weekends that she has done for any of her other Years - and she asked me if that was true for me.

I like the comment - that there is no right/wrong way but Ofsted like to tell you whats right/wrong.

A newly reg'd minder I support recently had her inspection and in one breath the inspector told her she was doing too much paperwork adn then in another told her she is not producing enough and not in enough detail - leaving this poor woman in tears and very unconfident and confused.

I will carry on doing what I do - recording the wow moments, taking photos and sticking the extra ones in our Setting Scrapbook, linking it to the statements and knowing my children well. If Ofsted don't like it then tough - I am doing a good job that the parents like, the kids are happy and I don't spend hours faffing around with the paperwork (although I have currently fallen behind and will have to dedicate a weekend and a few evenings to collating and writing up lol)