PDA

View Full Version : EYFS and wrap around care

bowman321
20-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Hi,

Just registered and expecting my OFSTED inspection any minute. I only look after two children before and after school but one of them is still in their reception year. What EYFS documentation do I need to show the inspector for this child?:panic:

estrelas
20-04-2009, 12:28 PM
For my reception girl, i've just done a srap book, and some planned activities, that we started in the hols and will continue with for example seeds.
I haven't done alot for her, don't think you have to? as she gets the majority from ful time school

Mollymop
20-04-2009, 12:54 PM
I would say you need to have a folder showing all of her work she has done with you. Photos as evidence and observations, planning the same as you would for a younger child.
Because the child is not with you for long each week, you wouldn't be required to show as much but you would still need to show you are working within the EYFS as the child is still within that age group.
Maybe one observation a month and monthly individual plans for the child.

bowman321
20-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Thanks - have got scrap book going already and diary that goes home with mum but will do that too. So great to have other people's advice on this!

nokidshere
23-04-2009, 01:26 PM
My children in reception don't have a folder because we don't do anything after school :D

I verbally pass on anything to the parents (thngs they might have said and done etc) but they have been in school all day and are knackered when I pick them up - the most they are likely to do is slob out on the sofa until food is served and then they go home. Any play they do is free play.