PDA

View Full Version : Differences between EYR and CCR

Zoomie
18-04-2009, 08:44 PM
I had my pre-reg on the 6th and included in the action(s) required is:

''improve knowledge and understanding of the differences between two requrements between EYR and CCR ....''

Now I can't believe that my inspector has included this as an action cos I did give her some kind of answer ...

28/20 days to close off complaints, and
EYR you are restricted on numbers / age etc but CCR not restricted

but she obviously wants more, and did mention that there was a sheet on the OFsted website that detailed all the differences, but I can't locate it.

Can anyone help ?

Tatjana
18-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Good question...i'm waiting to see the answers!

My inspector said i didn't need to know this at the pre reg but would need to know at my grading inspection, so didn't even ask me!

xx

nell57
18-04-2009, 09:14 PM
I think another one might be something to do with assistants can not be left alone with children on the CCr, but can on the EYR.

Good luck in finding the info sheet, that should clarify things for you:thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
18-04-2009, 11:01 PM
I had my pre-reg on the 6th and included in the action(s) required is:

''improve knowledge and understanding of the differences between two requrements between EYR and CCR ....''

Now I can't believe that my inspector has included this as an action cos I did give her some kind of answer ...

28/20 days to close off complaints, and
EYR you are restricted on numbers / age etc but CCR not restricted

but she obviously wants more, and did mention that there was a sheet on the OFsted website that detailed all the differences, but I can't locate it.

Can anyone help ?

There is a lot of difference between the 2 registers, especially when it comes to assistants. You don't have to have written policies for the EYR but you do on the CCR and VR.

Search the Ofsted website for each register independently and it will give you the low down. Failing that email ofsted help line and ask them.

Maybe your inspector wants to know that you know the information and not there and there abouts. You will probably be asked about this on your next inspection too.

Pedagog
18-04-2009, 11:12 PM
I was asked by inspector at Pre-reg.

She was happy with the info about Assistants being alone with mindees, differences in complaints procedures, and I think that was all I mentions, though can dig out my " are you ready book" tomorrow if you want.

hello kitty
18-04-2009, 11:12 PM
Have a look here:

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Guidance-on-inspecting-providers-registered-on-both-the-Childcare-and-Early-Years-Registers

Scroll down to page 11 onwards.

hth :D

Zoomie
21-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Hi, I am just bumping this up, cos I need to respond to Ofsted's action in this respect, and can't until I know what the answers are.

Please, pretty please, anyone .........

sarah707
21-04-2009, 04:34 PM
The best thing I can advise is that you get your copy of the Eyfs and your copy of the Childcare Register requirements.

Work through them side by side and find the differences.

I'm not being funny... it's the best way to find them and get to know both the registers as well as possible :D