PDA

View Full Version : percentages

devoncm
15-04-2009, 09:49 AM
OK, ive worked out the % of bills allowed for each week, do i need to put it against the dates in a chart? or is it easier to work it out over the year?

Hope someone can understand what i mean, cos i really dont know how to do it:confused:

rickysmiths
15-04-2009, 10:08 AM
I can't help in some respects because I use the NCMA Accounts Book.

What I do though, I can do it because my hours have been consistantly over 40 a week for the last few years. I work out all my fuel, council tax, pub lib ins etc and add it in once for the year. Everything else is entered in the account book each week (in Theory!) and accumulates for the monthly and eventually the annual totals.

So I don't forget things, I have a note book in the car to jot down mileage which then gets transfered to the accounts book each month. I may jot down other unusual day to day expenses in my diary. I carry a slim note book in my bag where I get people to write a receipt if they would not normally give one. Markets, Toddler Toy sales etc I was getting fed up with not getting receipts and I have to keep reciepts for all purchases even under £10!

I don't think it really matters how you do it though, as long as you include all you can claim for. The only person who sees what you record is you and maybe an accountant if you use one.

Just do it the way you feel comfortable with.

devoncm
15-04-2009, 03:43 PM
How do i work out a % for tv licence and bt vision?

I might have to invest in an ebook from sarah for this next yr-im she'll have one:blush: :rolleyes:

rickysmiths
15-04-2009, 10:40 PM
I did 10% for the TV Licence and I have a Tiscali Phone/Broardband/basic TV package and my accountant worked out that I claim 50% and dh claims 25% and the other 25% is what our children use. The package costs £24.99 per month.

We work out the paper usage and printing ink on the above % for the year as well.

Hope that helps.

devoncm
16-04-2009, 06:58 AM
Thanks Ricky that helps loads

rickysmiths
16-04-2009, 07:50 AM
Glad to help.:)

Chatterbox Childcare
16-04-2009, 08:40 AM
I did 10% for the TV Licence and I have a Tiscali Phone/Broardband/basic TV package and my accountant worked out that I claim 50% and dh claims 25% and the other 25% is what our children use. The package costs £24.99 per month.

We work out the paper usage and printing ink on the above % for the year as well.

Hope that helps.

The IR said that the TV licence could not be claimed as it isn't got for childminding as you would already have it in your home.

I have to talk to them later about capital gains so will ask and post to clarify

devoncm
16-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Thanks debbie, was on my MM expense sheet, thats why i asked, and sky was too

Chatterbox Childcare
16-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Got it from the horses mouth and Ricky is right

Under the section of expenses you can claim a percentage based on personal and business use and it goes in the box of breakdown of allowable expenses (long tax form).

mum2two
16-04-2009, 07:24 PM

Hope that helps.

Does your husband cm with you ricky? It's just I'm really stuck how to put it all through with both of us...

xx