PDA

View Full Version : food shop

devoncm
14-04-2009, 05:44 PM
I havent been remembering to keep my receipts for groceries, ive done a virtual tesco shop of the food we eat each week, can i print this of then divide it by amount of people in the house?

Daftbat
14-04-2009, 07:09 PM
If you are referring to food expenses for the children you might find it much easier to do an allowance for each child per week like i do. HMRC are happy to allow reasonable costs for food each day - i usually allow £2 per day per child and add on any extras like ice creams when we go out anywhere. Purchases for less than £10 do not require receipts.

The only time a use receipts from sainsburys etc is if i have bought food for special occassions like for baking or food tasting sessions.

Minstrel
14-04-2009, 08:05 PM
on a separate note i believe you must keep all food receipts for three months for enviromental health.

Andrea08
14-04-2009, 08:08 PM
ohhh sorry i didnt know i had to keep receipts for all my food shopping!!???

i just put £1 per meal per child into by book keeping???

estrelas
14-04-2009, 09:02 PM
you have to keep all your food reciepts, incase of food posioning outbreaks etc, so you have a papertrail

i also decided it was easier to put an amount for each day. The prob i noticed was i had different children, different hours each week. just seems easier for me

Demonjill
14-04-2009, 09:33 PM
you have to keep all your food reciepts, incase of food posioning outbreaks etc, so you have a papertrail

i also decided it was easier to put an amount for each day. The prob i noticed was i had different children, different hours each week. just seems easier for me

That sounds like a fab idea.:thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
14-04-2009, 09:57 PM
I tried doing an amount for each meal and Andrea I think you are losing money. If you do it this way how often do you evaluate how much a meal costs, food rises all the time.

On the advice from the IR I take the shared amount of my food bill each week and divide it up by the number of mindees and family members to get a price per head and then multiply it by the number of mindees.

Alibali
15-04-2009, 04:45 PM
I do a virtual shop based on my menu and then split it between mindees. It works out at £4.00 per child per day. As long as you can justify your amount for food to IL then you'll be fine.