PDA

View Full Version : Completing tax form even though no income yet

jessie1
14-04-2009, 10:07 AM
I havent childminded yet, but started paying for things since last year Feb, like my 1st Aid and things to make the house baby proof for when Inspector came out and at the time my daughter didnt need it. I also havent registered as self-employed yet as only finished full-time work in december and been looking for another house since. Can i firstly register now and complete a form where most was just expenses with no income. And secondly can I claim the difference in rent between my old house and new house as that was mainly done for childminding even though afterwards other factors might have been considered as well.
Thanks

huggableshelly
14-04-2009, 11:42 AM
if you register now you can only claim what you spend from arpil 2009 to 2010 I think!

someone else will be in to confirm or correct but when you call explain that you ahve been self employed since Dec and ask them if you can backdate claims.

I think if you backdate claims whilst you were still employed its classed as a second income even though you made a loss I dont think it would work in your favour for the following tax year.

rickysmiths
14-04-2009, 12:17 PM
I suggest you phone your local tax office for advise. They are always very helpful. It sounds as if you may also be due a tax rebate on you earned income if you stopped work before the end of the tax year, so you need to find out about that too.

Chatterbox Childcare
14-04-2009, 04:06 PM
I agree with Ricky

Yours sounds very complicated.