PDA

View Full Version : PLLEEAASSEE help me!!

babymimi
13-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Evening

I am coming accross soooo much info on how to make a start with the EYFS and i am getting really confused!!

I am also getting confused between the EYFS nad the birth to 3 matters framework, are these the same thing?

Can someone give me a step by step guide (idiots guide, lol) on what i need to do in order to start looking into how i will do the EYFS stuff?
THANKS!!
lISA
X

sophiestars
13-04-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm sure there will be some more experienced people with helpful suggestions along soon but as I understand it (I have only recently started minding) the EYFS replaced the birth to 3 matters in september 2008.

What we have do do through the EYFS is make little observations on the children at play, assess where they are in the EYFS stages and then plan the next steps for them that will further their development and take them to the next stage. This builds up into a Learning journal or journey' which is a file you make that goes with them when they leave you to go to another setting. If they go to another setting as well as you, you have to share info in their learning journal with the other setting and vice versa.

We also work within the 'every child matters' framework which may be where you are getting confused with 'birth to 3 matters' which is now out of date. The written stuff we do all comes under the EYFS though. There are courses you can go on for EYFS it might be worth enquiring if there are any in your area - I'm hopng to get on one as it's such alot to take in isn't it?!!

Good luck with it all!

Sophie x

Monkey1
13-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Take a look at Sarah707's websites hunny, its filled with information on the EYFS and its in simple terms, would highly recommend her ebooks too. Forget all about b23

sarah707
14-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Like Monkey says forget about Birth to 3... long gone!

You need to use Eyfs in everything you do. Observe the child, plan what you will do next appropriate to the child's needs, write down what you have seen, heard and done and refer it all to the Eyfs.

If you have a good read through here it will help -

http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/eyfs/resources/downloads/planningfrombirth.pdf

The links on the right side of here are also good -

http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/eyfs/site/3/1.htm

There is lots of planning and obs info on my new website :D

hello kitty
14-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Sophie that was a great explanation. :D