PDA

View Full Version : New laptop!

Peppa
12-04-2009, 07:57 AM
I think i'm in need of a new laptop. Since this broke it has come back not great. Would be good for my son to go on but wy work seems to keep crashing.

Can I put a laptop throught my books? As I would only be using it for childminding, would like to do all my paperwork on it.

Also can I put my broadband through? As others in my house only get on about 2hrs a week, whereas i'm on it most evenings for about 2-3hours. :eek:

Hebs
12-04-2009, 08:50 AM
i put my new laptop through my books :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
12-04-2009, 12:33 PM
I would put it through 100%

Is the broadband for family use or business use? If the family had it first then I cannot see how you can claim it. Talk to the IR for clarification

rickysmiths
12-04-2009, 01:13 PM
I bought a Laptop in Nov and it will go through my books.

My Broard Band Internet and Phone are all one package £24.95 per month. I claim a % per month. 50% for me aand 25% each for dh and my children. I do this % for all paper and ink bought as well.

miffy
12-04-2009, 01:16 PM
I'd claim your laptop if it's just for work use.

Like rickysmiths I claim a percentage of my broadband costs as I use it for work

Miffy xx

Peppa
12-04-2009, 03:48 PM
I had my broadband b4 but I use it mostly for childminding. Dh and son use it hardly.

So does that mean you have used money from your tax money to buy the laptop? or is it best not to touch the tax money? I can't see me honestly having a tax bill if i buy a laptop you see so can i use that money i have put away?

tigger
14-04-2009, 06:03 PM
After speaking with the Inland Revenue about the exact same thing you can put all of your laptop through. As for the broadband you put a % through depending on how much you use it for business and how much is used for the rest of the family.