PDA

View Full Version : im driving myself bonkers!!!!

littlestar
10-04-2009, 02:46 PM
hello people well just thought id let you in on whats keeping me up at night lately well it my eyfs obs and folders ive had my inspection and all was good she was very happy i was doing obs and parent feedback and a scrap book with pictures and next steps now i feel it is scruffy and i didnt understand eyfs properly i wasnt really following it just blagged through it now ive been to look at another childminders and looked at hers and its so good i want to do something similar i want to produce a folder and divide it with dividers into 6 areas off learning make an obs form and have each section a diff colour card to put ob on eg pic/ written/ then nexts steps hope you are understanding it but im not sure if this will work what does everyone else do i only have one under 5 so only one to do any suggestions or help on how to follow it better im so worried:panic:

huggableshelly
10-04-2009, 03:22 PM
if what you were doing was feeible for you then I say stick with it.

when I do an obs it often fits in with many other areas so not easy to slot it into just one place.

mine are filed in date order with 4 dividers for each season so I can look back quickly to see what they could do in october compares to now just by looking at autumn only section.

ORKSIE
10-04-2009, 03:40 PM
You should do your EYFS how it feels right to you. There is no wrong way. Whats right for one CM may not be right for another:thumbsup:
And as the saying goes "If it ain't broke.......":thumbsup:

breezy
10-04-2009, 04:02 PM
You should do your EYFS how it feels right to you. There is no wrong way. Whats right for one CM may not be right for another:thumbsup:
And as the saying goes "If it ain't broke.......":thumbsup:

exactly!!!!!!!!!!

miss mopple
10-04-2009, 04:16 PM
If youre inspector was happy I am sure you are doing fine. I divide my learning journeys into the 6 areas and find it works for me, but I know others that dont.

I devised this obs sheet to use as well, which I think is what you mean. Feel free to use/adapt to suit if it helps

nannysue
10-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Mine is an on going diary style folder following on month by month. By each ob/photo/comment I stick a small symbol depicting which area of learning it is. It works for me ( after two other attempts which i wasn't happy with) i haven't had an inspection yet but the parents are very happy with them. :thumbsup: I was told there is no right or wrong way so go with what you feel happy doing.

watgem
11-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Hi Littlestars I know exactly what you mean! My friend has lots of lovely eyfs sheets she's made on the P..c and they look so neat compared to my scruffy diary BUT I know that I lose sheets and need to keep things in a book so I am trying not to beat myself up about it and the fact that you did well in your inspection means that your system works for you and it ticked Ofsted's boxes so I'd try not to worry too muchxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:)