PDA

View Full Version : OBS/ ASSESSMENT ETC ARRRGGGHHH

babymimi
09-04-2009, 03:16 PM
I am trying to put together all the EYFS stuff

How often do you observe a child etc? what do u write? do u need photos for every obs?

I am quite familiar as i am a teaching assistant so i do a similar thing but just thoses few qs
Thanks

FussyElmo
09-04-2009, 03:36 PM
I use postage note link to next stage my DO told me a A5 page was too much) didnt need telling twice. Photos now again if we are doing something special.
I aim for an obs per week and really as its a postage note its not that much work:)

louloudi
09-04-2009, 03:40 PM
How often?? up to you, I work about 20 hrs a week with my EYFS mindee and I tend to do 1 ob a week but I then note things I feel that are significant. I use post its, photos, and written obs etc.
I write a note if what they have done/achieved then if necessary put a next step in :)

babymimi
09-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Just one or 2 more things :blush:
Do you only have to do EYFS obs with children of a certain age then?
What type of sheets do u have in the individual journals?
Lisa
x

louloudi
09-04-2009, 04:02 PM
I tend to do obs with EYFS children, yet notes and photos with the older ones
I just stick everything on an A4 page and put in a file. I know some use designated forms but I'm lazy and its more to print out etc:D

Toothfairy
10-04-2009, 08:31 PM
I do one OB/ASS for each catagorie each month per child.
I only have mindees for 16hrs per week.
Some are written & some have photos.
I also do a "What we have got up to this month" board which is put up on my wall showing photos of any activities/outings we have done throughout the month and I put the NCMA EYFS stickers next to each photo to show how it links up.
Not sure if this is enough?