PDA

View Full Version : New ofsted guidance:EYFS

kiddywink
08-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Hi there is a new factsheet on Ofsted website about the EYFS and clarifying what they require from childminders.
Sorry, I don't know how to link it to here!! So its 080294 in their search box.

Maybe some other kind person will link it for everyone to see!

Pipsqueak
08-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks for that

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Factsheet-childcare-Requirements-for-written-documents-childminders-delivering-the-Early-Years-Foundation-Stage-EYFS/(language)/eng-GB

Mouse
08-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Thanks, I'll have a read tomorrow.

kiddywink
08-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Thank you for doing that for me Pipsqueak!

Pipsqueak
08-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Thank you for doing that for me Pipsqueak!

you are more than welcome. thats actually quite interesting reading - just wonder how many inspectors will actually read it though! lol

love the last question about the visitor books - I have come across sooooooo many childminders pondering this question - not!!!! lol:laughing:

when you want to copy a link in your browser
right click, choose copy
when you want to paste it somewhere, go to that place...right click again and chose paste:thumbsup:

kiddywink
08-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Thanks again for your help!:thumbsup:

Blaze
09-04-2009, 05:22 AM
Thank you!:thumbsup:

Buzz Lightyear
09-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Here it is if anyone just wants to download it.

Rubybubbles
09-04-2009, 12:32 PM
very useful thankyou

huggableshelly
09-04-2009, 12:47 PM
hmm interesting!

Question 2
I have some children I care for after school who are in their final year of EYFS. Who must complete the end EYFS profile?
The provider who must complete the EYFS profile is the one where a child in their final year of the EYFS spends the majority of their time – between the hours of 8am and 6pm. The provider must use the child’s records, as well as talking to parents and any others who cared for the child in that year. Most often this will be a child’s school as this is where they spend most of their time. For a small number of children – who have not started school in their final year of EYFS and where you mostly cared for them – then you will complete the EYFS.

so in that case ..... school have my mindee the majority of the time .. I have mindee 3:00 - 5:00 so its not my place to handle eyfs for them as the school is doing it or should be doing it so I can just sit back and continue to support the mindee and have fun playing rather than trying to plan for them and do observations and next steps .... am I right ??????

cherry
09-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Thank you :thumbsup:

Mrs.L.C
09-04-2009, 01:41 PM
hmm interesting!

Question 2
I have some children I care for after school who are in their final year of EYFS. Who must complete the end EYFS profile?
The provider who must complete the EYFS profile is the one where a child in their final year of the EYFS spends the majority of their time – between the hours of 8am and 6pm. The provider must use the child’s records, as well as talking to parents and any others who cared for the child in that year. Most often this will be a child’s school as this is where they spend most of their time. For a small number of children – who have not started school in their final year of EYFS and where you mostly cared for them – then you will complete the EYFS.

so in that case ..... school have my mindee the majority of the time .. I have mindee 3:00 - 5:00 so its not my place to handle eyfs for them as the school is doing it or should be doing it so I can just sit back and continue to support the mindee and have fun playing rather than trying to plan for them and do observations and next steps .... am I right ??????

I'd say so yes

Deb
09-04-2009, 02:19 PM
No - that means you dont fill in the Early Years Profile - which is actually linked to on the cd disc that came with your EYFS folder. You still deliver the EYFS - but you dont physically complete the profile.

haribo
09-04-2009, 02:22 PM
i thought that meant we still have to deliver eyfs and support the school etc but its school who write the final" report " at the end of reception pulling together contributions from everyone involved in the childs care?? im confused now but it doesnt take much lol

haribo
09-04-2009, 02:23 PM
debs thats what i thought too

sarah707
10-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Please be very careful!

There appears to be a big difference between what Ofsted are saying in their literature and what inspectors are looking for when they visit people and this is causing huge confusion.

angeldelight
10-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Please be very careful!

There appears to be a big difference between what Ofsted are saying in their literature and what inspectors are looking for when they visit people and this is causing huge confusion.

Yes I agree

So who should we take notice of ? ha ha

Angel xx

helenlc
10-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Please be very careful!

This is why I am currently printing this off to file in my information file. When I have my inpsection, if the Inspector quries anything, I shall show her this and say Well it says here in one of your publications............

angeldelight
10-04-2009, 12:09 PM
This is why I am currently printing this off to file in my information file. When I have my inpsection, if the Inspector quries anything, I shall show her this and say Well it says here in one of your publications............

Good thinking ha

Angel xx

huggableshelly
10-04-2009, 12:23 PM

I've done this too but will carry on with the 2 full time schoolers EYFS for now ... I wish all those involved were working on the same page so we have a definate answer!

FussyElmo
10-04-2009, 12:36 PM
I've done this too but will carry on with the 2 full time schoolers EYFS for now ... I wish all those involved were working on the same page so we have a definate answer!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sorry but by the time that happens they will have changed it again:)

huggableshelly
10-04-2009, 12:40 PM
oh hush lol .... but you are so right!

miffy
10-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks for that - will have a look later

Miffy xx

patevans
10-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Thanks for that, will have a nosey next week when I am back at work :laughing:

Sarahbelle
11-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Please be very careful!

I agree with Sarah! I've taken her advice in the past and she has never steered me wrong!