PDA

View Full Version : emergency/ v occasional childcare - EYFS?

sophiestars
08-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Hi I just wanted to sound out some opinions

I have recently started minding and have a few part-timers ie 1 or 2 days each per week. I bumped into a girl I knew from school recently who has a 2 year old who goes to a childminder. She asked me if I would consider having him on an emergency basis if her other minder was on holiday/ couldn't work the odd day etc. That suits me - if I can fit him in it's all extra money!

My question is do you have to start a learning journal/ do observations on a very occasional minded child - has anyone had experience of this?

Thanks Sophie

youarewhatyoueat
08-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Personally I wouldn't but it would be nice to add to the other minders journal and keep a record.Perhaps have a small notebook which could go between the 2 of you so the other minder and mum could keep you up to date with likes,dislikes etc.

Pipsqueak
08-04-2009, 09:44 PM
You still have to do EYFS for each child in the EYFS range. But its appropriate to the hours you have them - so even if you kept a scrapbook journal of the time the child is with you - just showing links to EYFS.
Yes it might be good to share this with the other minder or give them a copy for their records as well.

My back up minder and me - do this with each others children when we have them.....

Deb
09-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Yes, but I would just hand over a daily record sheet, linked to the EYFS

IE - today we did playdoh - pse/cll/psrn/kuw/cd and pd - all are included in playing with play doh etc. Then perhaps add a note about next steps eg: Jessica had problems with the fiddly bits/fine motorskill - more opportunities to practice. etc