PDA

View Full Version : organising eyfs

louloudi
08-04-2009, 09:43 AM
as I'm off this week I intend to get a grip of this eyfs documentation. I have loads of post its and obs (not many next steps though) .
The problem I have is am I doing enough???
I do obs of important developmental milestones. I have 2 children that are in the eyfs stage one being in reception who I have 3 afternoons a week and his sibling who I have about 4 hours a day 2hrs hours of these is sleep time so we don't really have time to do indepth eyfs really.

So I have a yearly plan of topics etc and a 4 weekly plan were I touch on topics, interests or I compliment with the odd activity they do in their other settings to cover 6 areas.

Is this ok ??? I did do weekly plans to start with but I found it went out of the window as they weren't interested or wanted to do something totally different.
I do a daily reflective diary to note down what we have actually done that day.
basically is this enough and will ofsted be satisfied. I feel if they want more planning etc I will be wasting my time as the children just want to do their own things which takes priority.

Your opinions would be grateful to point me in the right direction:D

kiddywink
08-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Hi, as far as I am aware ofsted don't require childminders to have written plans now, It was in the March bulletin. I think so long as you are doing some observations and next steps in a learning journal that is fine. You could even comment in daily diaries too as this shows parents, more regularly what you are witnessing. It sounds to me like you are doing great!

RainbowMum
08-04-2009, 12:27 PM
I use my daily diary as my planning - I include a couple of things to fulfil the 'adult led' activity - a craft and something like a sorting game, I will add a couple of things I've put out for the individual child and at the end of the day add notes of anything else they really enjoyed or if they didn't enjoy what I planned. The inspector was very happy with this - just thought I should show next steps as well. I take loads of photo's all the time and once a month I do an obs including one of them and link it to the development chart and at least one of the 6 areas of L&D and add next steps. as all mine are part time I said I thought that was enough - I would do 2 a month for a full timer - she was happy with that.:)

Andrea08
08-04-2009, 01:22 PM
i found that after all my hard work to just throw out my plans would be too dissheartining so ive kept them and just tweeked them,

what you have sounds good to me its individual as we each have to work with and understand our own methods.

keep up the good work well done x