PDA

View Full Version : How do I contact shared childcare?

youarewhatyoueat
06-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Hi, my mindee comes to me on a monday and tuesday and now goes to a nursery on a weds and thurs. He is 12 months.I feel a bit awkward about contacting them.
I have mentioned to mum about sending a notebook between us but I would like to send it with a note but am unsure what information to ask for and as I have him at the beginning of the week what sort of info should I be sharing.
To be honest I had hoped they would contact me but I need to take the initiative and do this myself.Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Caroline

singlewiththree
07-04-2009, 07:04 AM
You could just use a brief introduction. They may find it easier to just give you details of their planning and just let you know if anything major happens, probably through mum but its worth a try.

Something like

Hello my name is Caroline I am X childminder on a Monday and Tuesday. As part of the EYFS we are required to work together regarding X development. X parents and myself use their diary to put daily activities and important information. We would appreciate it if you could fill in the diary too. If however you find this difficult to do due to the number of children in your care then please contact me and we can discuss other ways that we can share developmental information on X to ensure that she/he develops towards the early learning goals.

miffy
07-04-2009, 07:08 AM
There are some sample letters on the bromley website that you could adapt.

www.bromleycma.org.uk

Perhaps a letter first and then pop in for a chat

Miffy xx

deeb66
07-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Did you manage to sort out/find what you were looking for?

Dee
xx

youarewhatyoueat
07-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Hi,yes I think so,I've done a letter to mum and the nursery and sent it with a notebook to mum. So we'll wait and see.
Caroline

miffy
07-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi,yes I think so,I've done a letter to mum and the nursery and sent it with a notebook to mum. So we'll wait and see.
Caroline

That's good.

Let us know what happens

Miffy xx