PDA

View Full Version : dressing up

babymimi
05-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Hi
I am trying to put together a dressing up box

Now i know that kids will dress up in anything so i am interested to know what some of you have in your dressing up boxes??

Lisa
xx

Chatterbox Childcare
05-04-2009, 03:27 PM
I went to Primark and brought a lot of shawls, scarves, bags, cheap shoes (use your own old ones), hats and then searched the oxfam shops and got shirts, tops, materials.

Then there is the jewellery of plastic beads, rings, bracelets etc...

For the boys we have swords, captain hooks hook, eye patches, etc

I then got some around the world clothes from SBS when they were clearing out.

Not sure what else is in there as we add to it as we see something but it is always overflowing

Mouse
05-04-2009, 04:02 PM
I've got some great things from the local charity shop - bright skirts, waistcoats and a beatiful sari. I've also got some old net curtain, some pieces of material, scarves and hats.

I have got dressing up outfits as well that I've collected over the years - princess, witch, fairy, pinochio, peter pan etc.

Pedagog
05-04-2009, 04:07 PM
We have loads of dressing up stuff my children have always loved dressing up.

Some are homemade others are shop brought.

babymimi
05-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Well would u believe it!!

I have just been given a load of boys dressing up stuff from freecycle!!

Was browsing the internet for dressing up stuff and happened to refresh freecycle and up they popped!!

Hubby has gone to collect them now!!
:)

Pedagog
05-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Great stuff.

babymimi
05-04-2009, 05:55 PM
They are fab!!

All disney, ELC, adams, george!!

Loadsa stuff!!

Well happy :clapping:

wendywu
05-04-2009, 06:11 PM
I go to jumble sales and the children love, aprons, hats of all shapes and sizes. Sarves, and pull on net skirts, hand bags and purses and lacey bed jackets, gloves. The list is endless. When thing get ripped or worn then i put it in the bin and go and buy some more for 10p an item.

They use this more than the disney dressing up clothes:)

Chell
05-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Asda/Poundland/Home Bargains have some sets of Easter bunny ears at the moment, my own children were admiring them today.

At Christmas they got Reindeer antlers from Poundland, they are often pulled out of the dressing up box.

Very noisy 'clip-clop' shoes are a favourite too. The cheapy shops sell them but they are often very narrow, too narrow for my daughter. We got some from the Disney Store that are wide but they were quite expensive.

Demonjill
06-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Yeah my dd loved clippy cloppy shoes when she was younger. She and my neice used to clop about all day every day for about a year so they were well worth the investment.:thumbsup: