PDA

View Full Version : EYFS HELP GETTING STARTED

dianeb73
01-04-2009, 12:25 PM
please can anyone help me having done the ncma course on eyfs and had the book read to us basically I am still none the wiser as where to start and how to do it,, I mind a 6mth,1yr and 3yr old what planning do i do for them and what about the about me sheet what do i fill in?? Learnign journeys what goes i that?? Observations etc what do i do , do we have to have themes and activities linke do the theme has anyone got a months palnning they have done so I can see how to do it as this is causing me so much stress and sleepless nights:mad: :(

singlewiththree
01-04-2009, 01:27 PM
please can anyone help me having done the ncma course on eyfs and had the book read to us basically I am still none the wiser as where to start and how to do it,, I mind a 6mth,1yr and 3yr old what planning do i do for them
I haven't done the course but The way I understand it the 6mth and 1yr old should still be with free play, list your continuous provision under the EYFS headings and you have it covered, that and perhaps some observations and next steps. The 3yr old I would plan for their interests and observe and then write in their next steps. I would do more planned activities with the 3yr old.

and what about the about me sheet what do i fill in??
I would just get the childs parents to fill an about me sheet in as to what they can do/like
Learnign journeys what goes i that??
In the learning journey I put the about me sheet, then the observations and work that the child does
Observations etc what do i do , do we have to have themes and activities linke do the theme has anyone got a months palnning they have done so I can see how to do it as this is causing me so much stress and sleepless nights:mad: :( You don't have to do structured planning for younger children but what I have for yearly planning is calendar of multicultural activities and local events. We then follow this loosely and I have a planning book that I do daily planning the night before on what the child likes to do, toys I will get out and things we will do

http://eyfsforchildminders.webnode.com/ This is Sarahs website and its fab!