PDA

View Full Version : Will these forms work for obs

Tammy
01-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Can someone help me some forms I've produced for doing my obs. I can't attach them onto here because they end in docx rather than docs so it won't work. (I'm using Microsoft word 2007). I could email it to you to look at before reading the info below.

The way I want the forms to work is as follows:

I've got a page for each of the learning and development areas ie. creative development, physical development etc.

I will do an observation and then decide which page the ob should go on ie. if I was observing a baby trying to stand for the first time I'd write that on physical development and then highlight 'movement and space' as well as including my note (which could be hand written on or a label stuck on). I'll then also ring which of the themes it refers to ie. I would ring 1.4 in the unique child bit because that's where it says about childrens growth and development and the fact that the childs physical and emotional needs are being met while their development is rapidly changing.

THEN:

with the examples of work/photo evidence document I will do the same in theory but will add in photos or examples of work and again highlight the relevant section ie if it was an example of a childs writing you'd highlight communication, language and literacy and the writing bit.

Am I on the right tracks with obs do you think this would work? I plan to have a file for each child and the whole of the document I've emailed to you in their file to add to as and when and also several blanks of the example of work/photo evidence document..

Whenever I add an observation or put in a sticker with an observation on it I would date it and put the childs age on it as well.

What do you think?

Tammy

Deb
01-04-2009, 10:44 AM
I think that if it works for you and it relates to the EYFS and you make notes about 'next steps' then I cant see a problem with it. The key is making it easy to do otherwise you wont do it. I have read the EYFS from front to back and have decided that I will do a full observation every 6 weeks and do small notes on things I observe every now and then - perhaps daily or maybe 2 a day; I make these on sticky pads and write either pd/cd/psrn/pse/kuw on it.

angeldelight
01-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Can someone help me some forms I've produced for doing my obs. I can't attach them onto here because they end in docx rather than docs so it won't work. (I'm using Microsoft word 2007). I could email it to you to look at before reading the info below.

The way I want the forms to work is as follows:

I've got a page for each of the learning and development areas ie. creative development, physical development etc.

I will do an observation and then decide which page the ob should go on ie. if I was observing a baby trying to stand for the first time I'd write that on physical development and then highlight 'movement and space' as well as including my note (which could be hand written on or a label stuck on). I'll then also ring which of the themes it refers to ie. I would ring 1.4 in the unique child bit because that's where it says about childrens growth and development and the fact that the childs physical and emotional needs are being met while their development is rapidly changing.

THEN:

with the examples of work/photo evidence document I will do the same in theory but will add in photos or examples of work and again highlight the relevant section ie if it was an example of a childs writing you'd highlight communication, language and literacy and the writing bit.

Am I on the right tracks with obs do you think this would work? I plan to have a file for each child and the whole of the document I've emailed to you in their file to add to as and when and also several blanks of the example of work/photo evidence document..

Whenever I add an observation or put in a sticker with an observation on it I would date it and put the childs age on it as well.

What do you think?

Tammy

Sounds good Tammy

If you want to email me at madcheekyandcute@yahoo.co.uk I will take a look for you

xxx

sarah707
01-04-2009, 05:28 PM
If you go to the microsoft button (top left of the doc when it's open) and go to 'save as' then across to word 97-2003 version, it will save in the old version :D