PDA

View Full Version : SEF - copying and pasting

Chatterbox Childcare
31-03-2009, 09:55 PM
When I completed my SEF last month it would not let me copy and paste but there was no way I was retyping the whole thing.

I was like a dog with a bone between its teeth.

Anyway, if you are struggling to copy and paste you need to copy in word (or whatever other document you have done it in) and go to the SEF and Cntrl V, exactly as you would if it was in a word document.

This works.

angeldelight
31-03-2009, 09:59 PM
It does not always work so beware

I had the same problem and I tried for ages and ages I had wrote lots and lots into word first so of course I did not want to have to type it all out again

I called Ofsted and I tried the way you are saying Debbie whilst I was on the phone to them - it would not work

So I had to type the whole lot out again

A complete and utter nightmare

I have been told that it is working again now but just be warned sometimes it does NOT

Angel xx

Chatterbox Childcare
31-03-2009, 10:03 PM
What a nightmare - lets hope it is all sorted out now.

angeldelight
31-03-2009, 10:42 PM
I think it works when it wants to work

Trust it to happen to me haha glad you got yours sorted

Angel xx

Shar
01-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the advice, fingers crossed. XX

zippy
11-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Hi Everyone, I'm new to all this but just saw your stuff about copy and pasting SEF, after about half hour of messing around I figured that if you send it to print, this then opens in another box you can then copy and paste this by normal drag and right click method, hope this helps.

tammys-tots
14-04-2009, 07:53 AM
When I completed my SEF last month it would not let me copy and paste but there was no way I was retyping the whole thing.

I was like a dog with a bone between its teeth.

Anyway, if you are struggling to copy and paste you need to copy in word (or whatever other document you have done it in) and go to the SEF and Cntrl V, exactly as you would if it was in a word document.

This works.

If you ring ofsted they tell you what to do, thats what i did

angeldelight
14-04-2009, 07:54 AM
If you ring ofsted they tell you what to do, thats what i did

yeah same here only they could not get it to work either for me ha

Angel xx

Brenda
20-05-2009, 06:58 PM
I struggled with same and started typing it all in again but gave up (for now) as Ofsted came in Jan and took the SEF off my desktop. I am now in no rush to submit online so will probably just review in 12 months instead. :clapping:

CCJD
21-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Thank you so much for that tip Debbie. I had started my SEF on word whilst waiting for my token to be sent through (lost the original) and was just about to have a hissy fit that I could just cut and paste it over. Your trick worked for me though.:laughing:

Sarah Jane Gale
24-06-2009, 03:52 PM
THANK THE LORD FOR this Forum.. ihave just spent the last what feels like 20 YEARS of my life typing this god forsaken document in word to then find cut and paste does not work !!!!!!!!!!!!

AARRRGHHHHHHHHH i nearly cried, was coming on here to ask and then saw this post,

THANKYOU cannot express the gratitude i feel. I was starting to think i was going to have to retype it all over again

thankyou x

wellybelly
24-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Same here, thanks so much. I have actually retyped most of it but will finish off with whats mentioned above. Thank you :clapping: