PDA

View Full Version : Planning

Debster
31-03-2009, 04:02 PM
I have had my first mindee for a month now. I have just ley hime settle in and have observed him play and have given him fre play most of the time with some creative and messy time which he hates! anyway now I have and idea about what he needs to do and what the likes to do I have decided to plan ahead for April not sure where to start. I have decided on monthly rather than weekly as I do not have the time to plan every week. Do any of you lovely guys have a template that you use which incorporates the areas of learning. I want to keep it really simple and easy to change. If its anything like my children most plans I ever make for school holidays etc go out the window. I would appreciate any idea/comments you have on planning for those that have been doing it.
Debs

huggableshelly
31-03-2009, 04:36 PM
I have found weekly planning is easier there is an example here
http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/downloads.html

my new mindee has been with me for one wk, parents filled out an early years passport making my life easier.

I observed her mark making today, she uses dotting and lines starting top to bottom

my next steps for her are PD - using scarves to make patterns in the air
cornflour play making patterns scribbling and circles
sand again pattern making
to get that circle and scribbling to develop her hand writing skills

I know is alot more I could do too but that is my plan for next wk if I do it over a month chances are Iwould ahve to change hte monthly plan to take her to another step too