PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast for the schoolies

mummyof3
31-03-2009, 10:47 AM
What do you all offer for breakfast for the before and after schoolies (if you do breakfast that is!) :thumbsup:

tinkerbelle
31-03-2009, 11:04 AM
cereal like weetabix, cheerios, rice crispies and corn flakes, toast and crumpets fruit is on offer as well i give breakfats and then my 3 and two mindees go to breakfast club at school 2 days a week they get chocolate croissants and fruit toast and cereal there for 25p for 1st 15 p for 2nd and 10p for 3rd child so some days they have 2 breakfasts

Chatterbox Childcare
31-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Cereals and toast and fruit. Only have 3 but they are getting later and later and we only have 10 mins now

christine e
31-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Mainly cereals but sometimes toast and there is always bananas on offer cos that is what I have. We have had bacon sandwiches but only cos it was someone's birthday. I have the rule that they have to be here by 8.00am to have a breakfast.

Cx

huggableshelly
31-03-2009, 11:29 AM
breakfast here is available from 7:30 till 8:00
its usually cereals and toast with either hot choc or warm milk

late arrivals get a piece of fruit as not got time to sit and eat before leaving for school

after school i offer fruit and biscuits
we have a cake from the bakers once a week usally on a walking day as it helps the little ones to keep walking

if we cook as an activity they usually eat what has been made and take one home too or more pending on what is left

children who are still with me after 6pm due to late pickups or traffic which isnt that often normally eat with my children and me but its very rare now that it happens.

amirose
31-03-2009, 11:38 AM
I offer toast with various spreads, cereal - cherrios, rice krispies, bran flakes, weetabix etc, porridge and a wide range of fruit and the rule is they can have as much as they like so long as they eat it all!

I have one who this morning had 3 slices of jam on toast, a clementine, strawberries and a plum and ate the whole lot :eek: (he is an 11 year old boy though :laughing: )

On the way to the shops this morning my 2 before school mindees were discussing the advantages and disadvantages of B leaving my setting as he starts secondary school this year two of this disadvantages were he wouldn't see me anymore and that he would get a rubbish breakfast as at home all he is allowed is cereal and that's it! :laughing:

Alibali
31-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Cereal and fruit. no time for anything else:)

claireLouise
31-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Cereal and fruit jiuce is all we have time for but it also is all the children seem to want.

Claire

Demonjill
31-03-2009, 08:40 PM
I would offer toast and cereal nice and simple. As long as they arrive in plenty time.:thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
31-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Cereal and fruit jiuce is all we have time for but it also is all the children seem to want.

Claire

If they have fruit juice do they all clean their teeth? We wouldn't have time

karenandsmile
31-03-2009, 10:02 PM
all my parents bring a box of cereal saves the fuss they all go into the pot and they can all have what ever is there to choose from also they bring milk too but i do ask them to bring the filtered milk as that has a longer shelf life

lunch times they all suply a pack lunch

and evening meals im just about to stop as my last child goes at 5.15 so they just have a snack when they get in from school to keep them going