PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork compared to what schools do

singlewiththree
29-03-2009, 05:59 PM
I had my family over today for my DD's birthday party and two of my sisters are teaching assistants, one training to be a teacher. I showed them one of my children's learning journeys and they just said you are doing too much.

All they do apparently is a tick sheet and brief obs and next steps from a dictaphone or post it notes. I showed them my starting points and they said they don't do them and just fill in a sheet and that mine are too indepth. It just got me wondering what do nurseries and teachers do for EYFS does anyone know?

sarahlou
29-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Hi, I do daily observation sheets when I have children all day and I do daily diaries for parents. the schools have a different proceedure to us and they have certain tests to do, which encompasses the EYFS. The local playgroup do observations and have a child portfoloio the same as I do. Hope this helps:)

sarah707
29-03-2009, 08:01 PM
I think a lot of it depends on how many children you have and what grading you want to aim for from Ofsted :D

huggableshelly
29-03-2009, 08:03 PM
I was doing way too much but now I know to chill as I went on the EYFS next steps course, if you havent done it get on it asap. I was slaving over journals and trackers but not now.

singlewiththree
29-03-2009, 08:10 PM
I was doing way too much but now I know to chill as I went on the EYFS next steps course, if you havent done it get on it asap. I was slaving over journals and trackers but not now.

All the courses are completely booked up and I'm on the reserve list, I think people just block book so hoping I get through on the reserve.

huggableshelly
29-03-2009, 08:16 PM
basically they showed me how to use the framework with ease along with the obs sheet from the EYFS framework cd just by copy and pasting all that relates to the obs that was done.

photos with a link to efys
post it notes with a link to eyfs

no more long obs unless you feel there is something that needs to be monitored