PDA

View Full Version : hard boiled eggs?? Can you eat them?

PaulaR
29-03-2009, 03:10 PM
I have some kits to decorate hard boiled eggs. Are you suppossed to eat them after they have been decorated?
What if the children took them home and ate them the next day? Would they have to store them in the fridge? If they didn't eat them when should they trhow them away??
I like the idea of decorating them as the kits looks fun but I don;'t want to give nayone tummy aches.

Pedagog
29-03-2009, 03:23 PM
If they are decorating with food colouring then no problem, if using felt tip pens then best not to eat. Storage in fridge would be best.

Why not blow eggs, wash shells and then fill with chocolate, much safer and tastier.

PaulaR
29-03-2009, 03:29 PM
I have never heard of filling them with chocolate. Can you eat the chocoalte after?
How would you make the shells clean?
I have never used just blown eggs as they are so fragile, but I like the idea of putting chocolate in, don;t need to worry about them stinking if left in their bedroom adn forgotten about.
I could do it all in advance as well.
thanks, I liek that idea

Rubybubbles
29-03-2009, 03:43 PM
I've always done blow eggs with the children and they are surprisingly tough;) means they can be kept forever too (if the parents think like that;) )

angeldelight
30-03-2009, 02:33 PM
How would you manage to fill them with chocolate haha

I would end up eating it before it even got to the egg ha

We never eat the eggs after we have decorated them - all the children have held them and got all sorts on them sooooooo no thank you

Angel xx