PDA

View Full Version : Hands up, who is newly registered with NO mindees yet?

Ripeberry
28-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Feeling really down, not had any enquiries, everyone knows i'm a childminder, i've been to childminding groups and they say its dead out there :( And to top it all a major employer in the town may be making over 500 people redundant on Monday so that will be another blow to the local economy.
I've advertised everywhere but nothing. Just hope it picks up after Easter.

Zoemum2four
28-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Keep your chin up, You will get work.....I registered in July 08 and its taken me till now to get mindee's in the day time and they don't start until july...I was also told it was because it's very quite at the moment......I have to say i have also taken the time to read loads and get myself as organised as possible as u can without mindee's.........

Hope you get some mindee's soon......:)

Pedagog
28-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Snap me too.

Stanfield
28-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Me too. Registered since October 08. Only a couple of enquires but for very short periods of after school care.
May and only May bw having my first full time baby in December ... but depends if mum decides to go back to work or not.
Its really hard after putting in so much time, effort and money to preparations.:(

singlewiththree
29-03-2009, 07:18 AM
The local childminders told me it was dead too but I've had 6 enquiries this week. Do you have a website as I'm the only childminder in my immediate area with one and all the enquiries have come through my contact form on my site.

I was registered in Dec and had my first ones signed up in Feb but it can take ages, those were ad-hoc childminding contracts and they knew if I got a better offer I would take it. I'm still not full now but am signed up for Sept.

grindal
29-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Hi - I was in exactly the same situation too. I have been lucky and kept getting a constant trickle of enquiries but kept being phoned up and told Mum in law, sister, auntie etc was gonna look after them! A couple of weeks ago a lady phoned me wanting me to look after her 10 month old daughter from 1st June and while I was in the middle of that phone call my friend came round and asked me to look after her 7 month old 3 days per week until 1st June! Now both have signed contracts. Hope things work out well for you guys soon too.
Grindal

pinklady
29-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Hope you get a mindee soon. I'm in the same boat :panic:

suet
29-03-2009, 03:36 PM
My hands are up! i have been registered since 30th Jan 09 and have no mindees yet but......... i have had my first calls this week - in fact 3 all in a couple of days. moms are coming to see me tomorrow so hope it works out for me. Wishing you luck and im sure the calls will come soon - fingers crossed.
Sue t

pinklady
29-03-2009, 03:52 PM
My hands are up! i have been registered since 30th Jan 09 and have no mindees yet but......... i have had my first calls this week - in fact 3 all in a couple of days. moms are coming to see me tomorrow so hope it works out for me. Wishing you luck and im sure the calls will come soon - fingers crossed.
Sue t

Will keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow..hope it all works out!!:thumbsup:

Ripeberry
29-03-2009, 06:28 PM
I am setting up a website and i was going to use the Vista print one but hubby said he'll set one up for me (he is a computer nerd) but i'm still waiting :rolleyes: Hope all your enquiries turn into contracts :)

Demonjill
29-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Good luck :thumbsup:

brightstar
30-03-2009, 11:19 AM
I've been registered since December. I've had few enquiries but no-one seems to follow through. I've put a huge banner outside my house advertising vacancies, so hopefully that will work.

Bitsy Beans
30-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Hope you all get lots of paying customers really soon :thumbsup:

suet
30-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Will keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow..hope it all works out!!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the good luck wishes. One mom just gone (got another coming this afternoon) and looks promising - she is a school teacher and wants 3 full days term time so thats good for me. She is coming again at the weekend with her husband so he can meet me (he works away during the week) so fingers crossed on that one. She has a little boy and he will be 11months when she wants me to start minding him.
Will let you know how it all goes.

Sue t :thumbsup:

Bitsy Beans
01-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Care to budge over for one more on the unemployed bench?